Generic mounting plate for rear luggage rack

Items to make your scooter look better or haul more
Heathbar1996

Generic mounting plate for rear luggage rack

Post by Heathbar1996 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:53 pm

Does anyone know of a generic mounting plate for the luggage rack that someone sells? I want to create a larger flat surface to tie down a soft bag on the back. I don't want a hard GIVI case or anything similar to that.

I have a 2010.
Thanks.

Heath

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Generic mounting plate for rear luggage rack

Post by TommyXP » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:07 am

I do not but maybe someone else will.

There is a good chance that you and your imagination are going to have to fabricate what your heart desires.
The 'trick' IMHO will be to get the basic mounting hardware (pre-engineered) in order to have a stable 'platform' to begin to work off of.
If it was my project, I would try to get the 'basic' GIVI mounting hardware without the case.

Once you have the mostly flat surface that strongly secures to the tail of the bike (I use it on 2 SH's), you are half-way through.
Now you can begin to use your imagination to fabricate the dimensions that you have in mind to suit your specific purpose, with little concern that whatever you secure behind you will stay there, and not be a constant concern and annoyance as you cruise along.

Exercise the Creative Being that you/we are and Good Luck.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

Imationnation

Post by Imationnation » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:05 am

TommyXP wrote:I do not but maybe someone else will.

There is a good chance that you and your imagination are going to have to fabricate what your heart desires.
The 'trick' IMHO will be to get the basic mounting hardware (pre-engineered) in order to have a stable 'platform' to begin to work off of.
If it was my project, I would try to get the 'basic' GIVI mounting hardware without the case.

Once you have the mostly flat surface that strongly secures to the tail of the bike (I use it on 2 SH's), you are half-way through.
Now you can begin to use your imagination to fabricate the dimensions that you have in mind to suit your specific purpose, with little concern that whatever you secure behind you will stay there, and not be a constant concern and annoyance as you cruise along.

Exercise the Creative Being that you/we are and Good Luck.

Hi, I actually have a similar question. I have several old metal "swimming pool baskets" that I have used on the back of my previous Kymco People 50 moeds. On the Kymcos, I had just strapped them down with velcro. With my SH150i I am looking to attach them more securely.

When I read you mentioned to the OP to maybe use a GIVI mounting plate, the light bulb went on. That actually may be a good idea for me.

It sounds like you have a GIVI topcase installed which probably means you have the E227 Rear Plate Fitting Kit installed. I am thinking I might be able to install a E227 Rear Plate Fitting Kit and then mount my basket to that.

Was wondering if you could do me a favor. I cannot tell from the pictures of the E227 Rear Plate Fitting Kit exactly how big the plastic flat plate is. Could you send me the dimensions of the plate? Not the metal plate that attached directly to the SH150i back bracjet, but what looks like a hard plastic mounting plate that the topcase directly latches on to.

http://www.motomarket-shop.gr/assets/si ... 3-E227.pdf

(The plastic piece with all the holes in it.)

Thanks

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:14 am

The piece you speak of is 11" long and 9½" wide......
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.