Givi E26 top box mount with stop light

Items to make your scooter look better or haul more
aztrooper

Givi E26 top box mount with stop light

Post by aztrooper » Thu May 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Got in my Givi E26 top box with stop light today. Very nice and it was basically an easy install even though I didn't have a shop manual. Thanks to those who put the wire colors on the forum. The actual box with the bottom plate mounted in about 15 minutes. I did drill out a hole in the plate to get the third bolt in and in doing that, I had to cut off the plastic stud that one of the small top cover screw goes into. No problem because one screw is enough. I went through a little unnecessary work taking out the break light/turn signals.
They don't have to be removed as they will come out with the whole side plastic and you can not access anything by taking them out anyway. Removed the battery access panel, seat assembly and then the side panels to access the plug for the tail lights. Spliced in the two wires into the green/yellow stripe and solid green wire, tested to make sure they worked and then put it all back together. All in all, about an hour and a half but would have been quicker if I would not have taken the brake/turn signal light assembly out.
shelf3bolts.JPG
shelfbottom.JPG
seatoff.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by aztrooper on Thu May 26, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aztrooper

Re: Givi E26 mount with stop light

Post by aztrooper » Thu May 26, 2011 9:09 pm

I guess it would only let me post three pictures at a time. Here are some more. You have to remove the package shelf after removing the seat before removing the side body panels.
stoplightplug.JPG
trimoffleft.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aztrooper

Re: Givi E26 mount with stop light

Post by aztrooper » Thu May 26, 2011 9:16 pm

Here are the body side panels that can be take off in one piece.
bodysidepanels.JPG
MVC-210S.JPG
MVC-211S.JPG

moretton

Re: Givi E26 top box mount with stop light

Post by moretton » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:30 pm

AZTrooper,

How did you get the body off in one piece? I have mine loose but it won't come off.

I see you said "You have to remove the package shelf after removing the seat before removing the side body panels." What is "the package shelf" in your pictures? Where the wiring harness attaches?

Thanks,
Dean

Activator

Post by Activator » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:59 pm

You have to "work" it off VERY carefully...

I also installed the Givi box and it was quite a job to get to the wiring harness. I posted my experience here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1067

Pay attention to the ground wiring colors.

aztrooper

Post by aztrooper » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:07 pm

moretton wrote:AZTrooper,

How did you get the body off in one piece? I have mine loose but it won't come off.

I see you said "You have to remove the package shelf after removing the seat before removing the side body panels." What is "the package shelf" in your pictures? Where the wiring harness attaches?

Thanks,
Dean
The package shelf is the silver rack behind the seat that the top box mounts to. The side panels will then slide carefully off without taking off the rear tail light assembly first leaving it attached to the two side pieces. Be careful taking it off and handling it with the tail lights attached. Don't forget to unhook the tail light connector.

Hope that helps.
Bob

moretton

Post by moretton » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:16 pm

Thanks guys. I've got the package shelf removed. I'll pull the harnesses before I try to remove it again going very slow and being careful.