Givi A315A Windscreen installation

Items to make your scooter look better or haul more
aztrooper

Givi A315A Windscreen installation

Post by aztrooper » Fri May 27, 2011 12:50 pm

I received my Givi A315A windscreen along with my Givi E26 trunk yesterday. Installing the windscreen, you have to remove the front two side plastic pieces and then the headlight assembly. Take the two side mirrors off first remembering that the left side (while sitting on the scooter) is reverse thread. Turn the jam nut CLOCKWISE to loosen it up. You will also have to remove the chrome standoffs that the mirrors screw into. Again, the left side is reverse thread. My right side standoff was installed so tight that the stud that screws into the handle bar twisted off. Now I will have to drill it out and re-thread it. The standoffs need to come out so when you reassemble the mirrors, you can start the mirror into the stand off by about 3 threads and then screw the standoff into the handle bars. As you screw the standoff into the handle bar, the mirror screws into the standoff. The new vertical upright pieces that hold the windscreen in place interfere with screwing the mirrors in by any other method. Attach the new steel windscreen supports, and reattach the headlight housing. You will notice that the headlight housing has two notches already in place but have plastic fillers in them. Just pull the filler plastic pieces up toward you and they will come out. This is necessary for the headlight housing to fit around the new vertical pieces. Nice of Honda to think of that. Reinstall the two side trim pieces and install the mirrors as above. Install the new windscreen and you are ready to ride. You will note that the old small windscreen is now a unused piece along with the four bolts that held it in place. Here are the pictures I have but because I have to drill out the sheared off stud and retap the hole, I don't have a picture of the completed assembly.

Bob
frontsidepanels.JPG
headlightassby.JPG
bothscreenbrackets.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aztrooper

Re: Givi A315A Windscreen installation

Post by aztrooper » Fri May 27, 2011 12:55 pm

Here are the last pics as far as I have it done.

Bob
leftsideplugremoved.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aztrooper

Post by aztrooper » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:39 am

Finally got the right mirror stud out that I broke off. Turns out that the mirror threads into the front brake assembly. I used a dremel tool with a round abrasive wheel and cut a slot in the broken stud and then used a large slot screwdriver to thread it out. When I was taking the two painted trim pieces off, I broke the pointed end tab off of both of them so I epoxied the little tab pieces back on and they assembled properly. Whew. Now I just have to pick up the new chrome mirror and get the right side mirror back on. Here is the finished picture. All in all, with out the trouble of the riser stud breaking off, the install was an easy one.

Bob
windscreen.JPG

donlatarski

Post by donlatarski » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:09 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to get the windscreen off as well so I can get the 150 to fit into the back of my van. I don't want to break the little tabs that are mysteriously holding the little sidepanels in place. Since you had this apart, could you share the technique for getting these side panels off without breaking those little tabs?

Thanks,

Don Latarski
Eugene, OR

Arbiter

Post by Arbiter » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:38 pm

Hello,.
I/ve installed this windscreen and it is preatty good.
Pictures there:
http://moto.arbiter.pl/galeria/szyba.sh125i

Some of them are not mine (with black HOnda)

RhondaK

Post by RhondaK » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:59 pm

Good posting from aztrooper - much easier to follow than Givi "destrustions!"

One word of caution however. He says the left hand mirror and stand-off are reverse thread. On mine, it was the left hand mirror but the RIGHT HAND stand-off which are reverse thread. This makes sense when you read his comment about replacing the mirrors, where it is necessary to start the thread on the mirror stem off in the stand-off, before screwing the stand-off into its location, as the new screen support prevents you spinning the mirror stem around to tighten it up.

Incidentally, I had no trouble easing the two side panels off - the lug near the bottom just popped out - and there are five screws to remove to pull the headlamp shroud forward after removing the small flyscreen (four screws).

RK

jimbob

Post by jimbob » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:55 pm

anyone know where I can buy the A315A and 313A givi kit in the USA? looking without success online... thanks

jimbob

Post by jimbob » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:12 pm

ok i found it at the stupidly named cli-max...