How to release those plastic covers to remove windscreen?

Items to make your scooter look better or haul more
donlatarski

How to release those plastic covers to remove windscreen?

Post by donlatarski » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:11 am

Sorry, but I don't have the factory manual (yet) and I'm leaving on vacation in a couple of days. I always take some sort of scooter in the back of the van, but this year the SH150 is a bit taller than last year's ZUMA. If I can remove mirrors and windscreen I can get it in there. I just can't figure out how to remove the little tabs that are holding in the two red plastic parts next to the windscreen. I REALLY don't want to break them off.

Thanks,

Don Latarski

GizmoGal

Re: How to release those plastic covers to remove windscreen?

Post by GizmoGal » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:09 pm

Whole bunch of photos here if you care to look. Researching other threads on this site will often provide answers.
This thread was posted just below your own. I don't know if it will help, but it's worth a look rather than waiting for a better answer. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1239

You replied to that same thread in June, so you might try sending a Private Message (PM) to the member who posted the photos asking for a more detailed explanation to be sent directly back to you.

Please don't double post or repeat your Q's in several places. If you post where you didn't intend, then either move your original Q, or delete the redundant one after reposting elsewhere. In fact, your question does belong where it is and I've left it here and removed the redundant thread.

grantb5

Post by grantb5 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:29 am

You mean the black/red parts needed to remove the visor? I just kind of bent mine forward and they came out pretty easy.

donlatarski

Post by donlatarski » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:01 am

I was afraid they would break off being plastic. I'm ordering the service manual. so I'll be able to see how these tabs actually work.

Thanks,

Don

GizmoGal

Post by GizmoGal » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:21 pm

Good place to buy the SH150i service manual:
http://www.sell.com/248QCG
Cheaper than list price, free shipping, always in stock.
Just a suggestion.

donlatarski

Post by donlatarski » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Thanks. I'm going to order this right now! I've been putting it off, but my valves need an initial adjusting and I'm going to try to do it myself. We lost our Honda dealer here in Eugene, OR recently and the nearest one is 40 miles away.

Don