Foot pegs?

Items to make your scooter look better or haul more
Scootin2

Re: Foot pegs?

Post by Scootin2 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:36 pm

I wish there was a way to attach something to the frame. Hmmm...
Honda top box
Honda windshield
Buzzetti side stand
Ixil license plate holder
Flash to Pass
Back Off brake modulator
Euro signals
Phillips MotoVision headlight bulb
12 volt socket
Yoshimura stainless exhaust
K & N filter
Dr Pulley sliders

Wenzel4nv

Post by Wenzel4nv » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:14 pm

Here is my solution for foot pegs. These pegs were purchased for a Yamaha Zuma 125 that I had and I was able to make them fit my Sh150. Actually All I had to do was elongate the two bolts holes. Moving the pegs forward a few inches suited my needs a little better. Originally the pegs just bolted up to pipe and stuck straight out. I'm sure that any one who looks at the pictures and is handy with a torch and welder could make something very similar.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Arbiter

Post by Arbiter » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:56 am

Wenzel, well done!.
Do you have pictures with your position using pegs?

What is the difference, when you are cruising with foots on them?

bikeguy

Post by bikeguy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:47 pm

I know I wasn't pro pegs in my earlier post on the topic, but I like those pegs! I completely see the benefit. They widen and extend your leg room. They don't look too shabby either. Nice job bro! I'm curious, what's the wire coming out of battery access panel? Battery tender? Cell phone charger? I'd like to put one of those under the seat.
Two Brothers exhaust & Juice Box Pro
Battery Tender/underseat 12V port
UNI Pod filter
Buzzetti side stand
Givi E450 top case & E21 side case
Euro Signals

Wenzel4nv

Post by Wenzel4nv » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:59 am

Hey Arbitrator

I hope you appreciate these pictures. I had to pay my brother a couple of beers to get him to model for me. He is 6 ft 4 inches tall and you can see he has plenty of leg room ( I have also removed the hump in my seat). My preferred foot position is in the last picture and it is more stable and comfortable than it looks. The only difference in riding is increased wind resistance because the feet and legs are no longer tucked behind the scooter and it will cost you 2 or 3 mph if your riding into the wind.

have a good day riding

Wenzel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wenzel4nv

Post by Wenzel4nv » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:19 am

HI bikeguy

Yes it is a power supply and I have several things I can plug into it. Plugging a cigar lighter receptacle or picking up a few extra 2 prong connectors to plug into it allows me many options including powering a GPS unit or about anything else you can think of. I do usually keep a cap on it. I thought about putting it under the seat, but at the time I was doing it I wanted the power up front.

You have a good day riding also

Wenzel

bikeguy

Post by bikeguy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:59 pm

Hey Wenzel,
That's cool you have power supply set up like that. Do you use it when the bike is off also? Like to charge a cell phone or something? If so, ever have any issues with a low battery? I've though about putting a outlet under the seat so I can plug my phone in. Where/how do you mount your GPS if I may ask? Again, the pegs are awesome! The 3rd pic is pretty much how I ride normally too, but my toes are unsupported of course. You've convinced me pegs are something worth looking into.
Enjoy your ride!
Two Brothers exhaust & Juice Box Pro
Battery Tender/underseat 12V port
UNI Pod filter
Buzzetti side stand
Givi E450 top case & E21 side case
Euro Signals

Arbiter

Post by Arbiter » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:08 am

Thank you for pictures. It looks comfortible like in chopper;)

ericman37

Post by ericman37 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:48 pm

That does look comfy. they look like they would limit your leaning ability on the turns quite a bit, any experience with that?

Wenzel4nv

Post by Wenzel4nv » Wed May 02, 2012 7:57 am

Hey ericman37

I'm 70 years old! :lol: I don't lean that far. IF I did I would probably fall off. Old bones are hard to heal. I do think the average rider would have no problems, and I do find them very comfortable

Wenzel4NV