Cup Holder

Items to make your scooter look better or haul more
grantb5

Cup Holder

Post by grantb5 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:24 pm

I would love a good solid cup holder to put in place of the bag clip. Something that bolts on in that same location or uses one of the other bolts in that area would be great (nothing with suction cups!!!).

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Cup Holder

Post by TommyXP » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:27 am

I've been using this all summer. The cap loop is very strong and the bottom just touches the floorboard and can take a beating. I use it every time I ride with a variety liquids, depending on intent and occasion.
http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Nissan-26 ... 36&sr=8-21
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

GizmoGal

Post by GizmoGal » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:57 pm

I think grantb5 is looking for a cup holder, not a vessel to hold liquid using the package hook. He wants to carry the vessel of his own choosing--a can/bottle of any beverage he takes with him and then put that in a cup holder. Not pour the beverage into a thermos and dangle it from the package hook. Once that cap loop breaks for any reason, the thermos is not as useful on the scooter.

Though I like your idea about the thermos since it is durable and maintains the temperature of the beverage, a cup holder is much more versatile for the type of container. You can buy the beverage along the way and not think about where to put it or have to open it and pour it into another container.

Here are a couple of ideas that might be OK:
http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/drink.h ... 5QodqHB7zg

http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/CTGY/drink.html

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:30 pm

I suggest making sure your main kickstand is in the down position while your enjoying your "cup-holder" or.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

GizmoGal

Post by GizmoGal » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:32 pm

If only that helmet was DOT approved...

grantb5

Post by grantb5 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:56 pm

Yeah, what GizmoGal said. There is also this: http://www.kruzerkaddy.net/ but I was really hoping for an SH-specific thing that bolted on the inside below the speedo. Seems that the market would be big enough for it.

bikeguy

Post by bikeguy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:32 pm

I agree grantb5. I've read that the SH was #1 in Italy at some point, not sure if it still is. Where were all those Italians putting their coffee cups? I use a 24oz Thermos that is the exact length of the under seat compartment. It works out great for me. I did buy 1 of those suction cup cup holders with my neighbors recommendation. Never actually ridden with it though. She has 1 on her Vespa and puts her travel mug in it with no issue. It does seem to grip pretty damn well but the cup can rub on the surface it's connected to, though she has no paint damage yet. It seems like using the bag holder screws as a connection point would provide a solid mount. I'll keep my eye out for something like this. My scooter is my coffee runner and it'd be great to have a solid cup holder. Then I would get a new helmet, either modular full face or open face so I could sip coffee on the ride. Then if I add a stereo... Nice!
Two Brothers exhaust & Juice Box Pro
Battery Tender/underseat 12V port
UNI Pod filter
Buzzetti side stand
Givi E450 top case & E21 side case
Euro Signals

Turtlechaser

Post by Turtlechaser » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:35 pm

I just found this on Amazon, and ordered it. I'll try and post back after I receive it.

RAM Mount Self Leveling Cup Holder Flat Base Mount (RAM-B-132U-MC1)

http://www.amazon.com/Mount-Self-Leveli ... NS8LQP1A6D

It looks pretty versatile, so even if I decide not to mount it on my Sh150i, then it might find a home on my riding lawn mower!

bikeguy

Post by bikeguy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:27 pm

Since my initial reply a couple and a half years ago I've added a RAM self leveling mount to the bag hook location. It's really nice for the most part. Works great with my 20oz thermal mug. I know, useless without pics. I'll post some photos within the next few days.
Two Brothers exhaust & Juice Box Pro
Battery Tender/underseat 12V port
UNI Pod filter
Buzzetti side stand
Givi E450 top case & E21 side case
Euro Signals

Turtlechaser

Post by Turtlechaser » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:45 pm

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. I received the cup holder I ordered at Amazon. But chose not to install it on my scooter. It might work. But it would intrude into the leg and foot space too much for my liking, and kind of spoil the smooth flowing appearance of the scooter. Overall I think the best option available for this scooter is the Honda trunk. It's expensive (in my opinion) but well worth the money. I found a coffee mug that has a screw on lid that seals well enough to store in the trunk, and my back pack lunch bag keeps it upright inside the trunk for my commute.