Cold weather-Knuckle Visors!

Items to make your scooter look better or haul more
TommyXP
Staff

Re: Cold weather-Knuckle Visors!

Post by TommyXP » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:19 pm

.....I think I recall seeing the plugs for the turn signals right behind the headlight. Helps if you have the service manual with the color codes. I was just in there last week when I installed a time-delay relay for the headlight. It keeps the light off when starting and comes on after about 20 seconds.

The visors work very well at keeping the wind off the hands and wouldn't have rode 45 miles today in 42° temps without them and the amazingly wonderful Turco Urbano. I've got some heated grips on order and have been waiting toooo long. I will never deal with a site called "classic cruisers" again. Screwed myself over "free" shipping and been getting the run around for almost 3 weeks now.

If you order the "set" of visors the hardware comes with them, so don't worry about that. There is only one small "bolt" that threads into a rubber bushing and 2 pins that just push in and snap. You don't have to disassemble anything to install them that way.....

They also ship really quick and I had them faster then some places ship stateside!
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

bikeguy

Post by bikeguy » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:42 pm

Thanks for such a quick reply TommyXP. That's great you are reporting the full hand coverage. I have terrible circulation in my hands and feet and even here in moderate southern California I find my hands getting cold under leather gloves with Polartec glove liners. I do not want to wear any heavier of a glove as I dislike the loss of feeling with the grips. These knuckle visors should do the trick. I figured the set came with everything, but I'm looking to order these for the lowest price possible. Skipping the small parts set saves about $30. I think I've sufficiently talked myself into these now. Thank for the pics of the knuckle visors on your scoot in this post, they're the best on the internet.
Happy riding!
Two Brothers exhaust & Juice Box Pro
Battery Tender/underseat 12V port
UNI Pod filter
Buzzetti side stand
Givi E450 top case & E21 side case
Euro Signals

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:36 am

I believe you will be pleased with this modification which in my opinion should be a standard feature.......

On a side note: I too have (HAD!) terrible circulation in my hands, feet and legs, with excruciating knee pain (no mechanical problem evident) for the last 12 years to the utter bafflement of this countries medical INDUSTRY. After prolonged efforts of study and experiment on mine own, as of last Friday (10 days ago), a day I'll remember forevermore, almost IMMEDIATELY the pain went away and today the numbness in my feet and tingling in the hands is practically gone, by the application of the pure and basic mineral element: Magnesium (oil) applied transdermally (rub on skin). The physiology of it is more then can be explained here, but if you have the time, will or wonder this site contains practically all the info that I found in a huge book.....
http://magnesiumforlife.com/

Take what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.......

Activator

Post by Activator » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:16 am

I had mild (but annoying!) numbness/tingling in my face, feet and hands for a long time. My Dr. said my vitamin B was a little low. (Probably from alcohol consumption, which saps the VB from your system.) A daily Vitamin B 100 supplement has cleared up 90% of the symptoms.

ScottWally

Post by ScottWally » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:51 am

Wow, $100? And the Honda stock 'oval' shield costs approx $300? $400 total - ouch :shock:

Again, it's all about opinion and taste, but the Givi shield is available for about $150 shipped in the US. When we were in Italy well over 90% of the Sh's we saw had Givi or Isotta windshields that have hand protection built into them. I never saw one of the Honda OEM shields there. In fact, almost all of the bigwheel modern scooters (Piaggio, Aprillia, etc.) used this type of windshield. And most of them were the extra tall type too. Italians don't like rain/wind in their face as it puts out their cigarettes I guess.

I understand using OEM parts can be best, but for cheapskates like me (and Italian riders apparently too) aftermarket parts are a great option.

My 2 cents...and it's worth exactly that ;)

ravandenberg

Post by ravandenberg » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:13 am

Can you please tell me where I can purchase the cold weather knuckle visors?

Thanks.

yuriysorin

Post by yuriysorin » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:26 pm

Hi TommyXP,

here is the answer to your question:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1530.

Look for a post posted by myself.

Yuriy.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Wed May 02, 2012 10:25 am

yuriysorin wrote:Hi TommyXP,

here is the answer to your question:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1530.

Look for a post posted by myself.

Yuriy.
Nice pic Yuriy and yes the Givi appears to solve two problems at once. But I already had the Honda shield installed and the visors were the best option at the time.

I see an old post asking where I got them from:
http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda ... ck_03=4423

barkings

Post by barkings » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:50 am

yeah the stainless ones im after

ivanp

Post by ivanp » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:25 pm

he he - I have received today the honda knuckle visors (it costs me 60eu) for my sh but fits just 2009 and on models (i have a 2007) so if somebody wants the wind protectors - we will find a way and a good price to have it at your door. keeping in mind my location - Romania - it will be perfect if you are somewhere in EU.
Unfortunately there are no wind protectors for earlier models.

thank you,
paul