Cold weather-Knuckle Visors!

Items to make your scooter look better or haul more
TommyXP
Staff

Cold weather-Knuckle Visors!

Post by TommyXP » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:42 pm

The shields that keep the wind off my hands(Honda calls them "knuckle visors")arrived from the EU and I installed them. They are not specifically intended for the US market I think, because the turn signals are a little in the way, though the 3 mounting holes are on every SH150i.

It was necessary to remove all 3 screws that secure the turn-signals in place in order to be able to move it out of the way to install the one bolt for the shield. Then the turn-signal light rests hard upon the shield pushing it down on a slight angle, but I can live with that considering the benefits.

Also when putting the 3 screws back into the turn-signal light after installing the shields, one screw has its washer resting on a part of the shield, which I will remedy by taking a rat-tail fail to it.

Other then that, they work in a superb fashion and are much better then what I had cobbled together thus far. Thanks Robber57 for enlightening me to their availability.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

robber57
Admin

Re: Cold weather-Knuckle Visors!

Post by robber57 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:55 pm

So now you can look at my woorden shoes through tour visors! 8-)
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:01 pm

Only if the toes are cut out so I can see the color of your nail polish!

ambientscape

Post by ambientscape » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:30 pm

Does the law allow the blinker to be removed and installed the EU blinker at the bottom? Seriously, the blinker really looks odd on the U.S model.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:10 am

I imagine that the "law" that mandates the front signals be located as they are is only applied upon importation and I bet that if any individual owner in the U.S. were to remove them and install the Euro version of signal; no body would know or care, on a local law-enforcement level. You got me thinking of doing this. I wonder if anyone knows where to get a set.........
edit: I see this issue was discussed on this site with good information. I have to start learning to utilize the "search" function at the top of the page, rather than going to "google" and ending up back here........
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1410

bikeguy

Post by bikeguy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:38 pm

I like those things! They compliment your Honda shield nicely. I just got the Honda shield myself and am currently trying to determine if or how much I want to chop it. Anyway, may I ask what the knuckle-visors cost you delivered? Have you considered painting them? They could look cool painted black to match your scooter. If I had the black SH I'd think about it. But I like blacking things out a lot. They look like they provide nice coverage. Do you feel a big difference?
Two Brothers exhaust & Juice Box Pro
Battery Tender/underseat 12V port
UNI Pod filter
Buzzetti side stand
Givi E450 top case & E21 side case
Euro Signals

dlmoore75

Post by dlmoore75 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:48 am

I purchased the Givi windshield and installed it. It worked great, but was a little too tall. I locked the steering wheel and taped the windshield 2 inches above and below my mark. I removed approx 8.5 inches and now it still offers great hand protection and I can see over it, I'm 5'11". Still works great!

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:44 am

bikeguy wrote:I like those things! They compliment your Honda shield nicely. I just got the Honda shield myself and am currently trying to determine if or how much I want to chop it. Anyway, may I ask what the knuckle-visors cost you delivered? Have you considered painting them? They could look cool painted black to match your scooter. If I had the black SH I'd think about it. But I like blacking things out a lot. They look like they provide nice coverage. Do you feel a big difference?
The visors cost about $100 delivered from the EU and I found them at: http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda ... ck_03=4423

They make all the difference in the world as far as keeping the wind off the entire hand. As temperatures are falling I find that lighter gloves work whereas before heavy were necessary and still COLD hands.....I think they should have been included in the basic design of the bike.....Haven't thought about painting them. Not much into aesthetics......

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:57 am

dlmoore75 wrote:I purchased the Givi windshield and installed it. It worked great, but was a little too tall. I locked the steering wheel and taped the windshield 2 inches above and below my mark. I removed approx 8.5 inches and now it still offers great hand protection and I can see over it, I'm 5'11". Still works great!
Wow that Givi is huge. 8½" off! Most people find chopping 2" of stock Honda works.....Anybody purchasing a windscreen has to plan on trimming it as part of the installation process. Including the hand protection with the windscreen was a good and cost effective idea.

bikeguy

Post by bikeguy » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:54 pm

TommyXP, how are those knuckle-visors working for you? Did you get the clearance with the turn signals taken care of? I'm seriously considering getting these for my SH. I already have the Euro signals installed, though they're not working quite yet. In the time I had while the plastics were off the scoot, I was unable to find where to plug the turn signal connectors into the wiring harness. I think maybe there's a different wiring harness for the SH in the US than in Europe? Not sure, I have to do some more digging around. Anyway, I'm still using the stick on LED signals which I have mounted right where the knuckle visors mount. So ordering these will be a commitment to getting the Euro signals working so I can happily ditch the crappy LED's. My question for you TommyXP, the "small parts set" sold for the knuckle visors, can you please tell me what that consists of? I'm hoping I can just order the left & right knuckle visors and skip the small parts set. I saw the pic of the small parts set on Ling's Honda but am unsure about the "nut" the 3 bolts go into. Do you think the bolts that attach the knuckle visors are the same size as the ones that hold the turn signal stalks on? It looks like the head type is the same, and I already have those laying around. Thank for any insights, I appreciate it
Two Brothers exhaust & Juice Box Pro
Battery Tender/underseat 12V port
UNI Pod filter
Buzzetti side stand
Givi E450 top case & E21 side case
Euro Signals