Bar ends

Items to make your scooter look better or haul more
ScottWally

Bar ends

Post by ScottWally » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:52 pm

Always liked they way they look on Kymco products and higher end motorcycles, so here they are:

The throttle needed to have the plastic end drilled/honed out, and the rubber grip end had to be shaved to allow the throttle to twist freely. Not all that trick, but an inexpensive bit of protection ($10 on eBay). I went with the flat aluminum to match the rest of the details on the moto.

Sorry for the filthy scooter, I rode it all Winter long and haven't bothered to do the Spring clean yet.

SW

yuriysorin

Re: Bar ends

Post by yuriysorin » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:16 pm

What is a purpose it? Just for a look? :?:

Yuriy.

ScottWally

Post by ScottWally » Thu May 03, 2012 10:42 am

Mostly looks, but can save your brake ball ends from snapping off/bending in a slow tip over. Those levers are much harder to replace than you might think, I speak from embarrassed experience ;)

Also supposed to help with handlebar vibration - I haven't noticed any difference but these scooters are pretty smooth anyway.

bikeguy

Post by bikeguy » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Nice bar ends! I'm looking to do the same ever since my neighbor knocked over my scooter and the left brake lever took the brunt of the fall. Didn't snap, just curled the ball end forward. Do you happen to know the ID of the handlebar for our scooters? I cannot find that info in the service manual.
Thanks!
Two Brothers exhaust & Juice Box Pro
Battery Tender/underseat 12V port
UNI Pod filter
Buzzetti side stand
Givi E450 top case & E21 side case
Euro Signals

ScottWally

Post by ScottWally » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:07 am

I don't know ID of them, sorry. The bar ends I used were off fleaBay and 'one size fits most'. You do have to modify and 'massage' the throttle grip side to have it fit right so you don't restrict the 'snap back' on the grip.

Cheers!