GPS and Electrics

Items to make your scooter look better or haul more
Bobb

GPS and Electrics

Post by Bobb » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:35 pm

Has anyone figured out how to add a GPS to this bike ? The covered handlebars make it hard.

I am used to running electric clothes in cooler weather. I see it has 300 watts. Looks like lights etc take up 100 watts. Is there enough to run clothes even on low ?

TIA
Bobb

TommyXP
Staff

Re: GPS and Electrics

Post by TommyXP » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:06 pm

I don't have/know about GPS, but I do have heated grips (along with Honda "knuckle-visors") that only draw 4 amps (48 W) no problem.
I show more than the 100 watts for lighting in the service manual.
Headlight (high beam) = 60 W (55 W low)
Brake/taillight = 26 W (brake 21 W + 5 W tail)
License light = 5 W
Turn signals = 42 W (2 at a time 21 W ea.)
Instrument light = 5.1 W (3 @ 1.7 W ea.)
High beam ind. = 1.7 W
Turn indicator = 3 W
Total = ~143 Watts
The alternator output is 300 W @ 5,000 min (rpm)......Appears to be some room for "play" but wonder about output at lower rpm's.....

I also run the heated grips through an electronic relay/delay that keeps the headlight and heaters off for 20 seconds till bike starts (cold weather) and kills the grips when the ignition is turned off, eliminating forgetfulness...
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:05 pm

I have a Garmin Nuvi and the mount attaches to the side view mirror stem. I purchased it from Amazon. Did not wire it yet due to not being familiar with taking the plastic off the bike. So I come home and throw it on the battery charger. Use the Nuvi in my car, the motorcycle and scooter.

Bobb

Post by Bobb » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:32 am

Mikey wrote:I have a Garmin Nuvi and the mount attaches to the side view mirror stem. I purchased it from Amazon. Did not wire it yet due to not being familiar with taking the plastic off the bike. So I come home and throw it on the battery charger. Use the Nuvi in my car, the motorcycle and scooter.
Can you give me an Amazon part number for that part ?

TIA
Bobb

Taos

Post by Taos » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:54 pm

I have heated coat and pants from venture the coat is fantastic and rarely use it on max heating ,the pants are ok but I use them on max all the time there ok at temp of 4 Celsius and up the coat is supper warm good to -5 celsius and up ,I have both plugged in at the same time and have had no problems with undercharging the battery as long is you are running at higher rpm. The coat uses 83 watts and the pants 46watts that's on max settings with both on , venture has new pants that fit under your ridding pants I think they work better,as for your gps I took the screw out of the panel in front of the driver just below your waist and installed a (ram mount )ball and then put a ram mount extension 6", and finally a GPS mount from garmin it works great as long as you put thread lock on the 6 mm bolt threaded into the panel. I will post a picture when I get the time,
2010 black SH 150i and silver 2007 honda ST 1300.(sold) 2014 forza 300 ontario Canada

webbcord

Post by webbcord » Sun May 10, 2015 5:14 pm

This is a simple way to install all of your electronics . :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Arbiter

Post by Arbiter » Sun May 10, 2015 5:17 pm

Is it your scooter? OMG ;)