Termoscud

Items to make your scooter look better or haul more
jimbob

Termoscud

Post by jimbob » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi,

looking to buy a Termoscud R079 (is that right) for my Sh150i.

Can't find any vendors in the states thou. Any ideas? I can find it in Italy for 85 euros, and the UK for £100...

thanks for any hints

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Termoscud

Post by TommyXP » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:41 am

I couldn't fine it in the states either. This will be the third year using the Tucano Urbano shortly. I bought it here.....http://scooter-wear.com/tucano-urbano-t ... -from-2009
For some reason which I don't recall now (may have been a suggestion by a member of this forum), I "might" have ended up with Model #R049 (not sure but it is the "link" I saved) at the time of searching for one. Looking now at the R079, it appears to be the correct one. The R049 fits well but I would double check and possibly talk to someone to verify the numbers.....

Keeping the wind out of your lap is very effective in regard to comfort and it amazes me how it doesn't get in the way or interfere with operation once you get accustomed to it. You lose a bit of of egress space at your toes and gotta get used to bringing your feet back a bit if you are used to throwing them a little forward when touching down.....

After the first year I cut the "bib" off that I never used and had just left folded under. Don't think it is necessary with the Honda windscreen in place.

Also, have a small digital thermometer on my key-chain, and it always registered 10 - 20º higher then outside temp.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

jimbob

Post by jimbob » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:44 pm

thanks - I gave up trying to find it in the US and ordered one from Europe... strange they don't have any importers, anyone who rides a scooter in winter would want one.

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:05 am

I think this has a lot to do with image, just like the "man-purse" which were in the 80"s quite popular in europe but never caught on in the states because it was regarded as an accesory for sissys/ gay man.

I never had one but i can understand if a man would carry one as i am also always strugling to give all the crap you carry around a place somewhere in the limited storage space mens cloths have.

" a blanket on a motorcycle is for pussy"s" , a remark usually made by fellow motorcyclist who only take their bike out if it is 1000% certain it will not rain that week.

I have one and can recomend it to anyone whos not afraid to melt and keeps on riding despite not so favorable weather, if you have one you will love those bright ,sunny but bitterly cold sunday morning trips on your pussy- scooter while the "real men" are at home polishing their overpriced chrome contemplating on trips never done and views never seen.
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:34 am

Bravo! I like my "blanky" for another reason too. It means there aren't other bikes on the road trying to distract my attention with constant strange arm signals, salutes and flirtatiously waving bye-bye every 2 seconds. Even now the number of bikes out and about has diminished greatly already.

Often I carry a WW1 canvas messenger pouch (real man purse!), that when crammed full, fits perfectly in the larger Givi top-case. It holds a laptop, camera, thermos, a large aperture 10-50 zoom monocular, Walkman CD player, survival blanket/cover, books, salt/pepper with a 3 course lunch and much more (6 compartments/pockets)...

I also now only wear Riggs RipStop cargo pants (10 ounce fabric), with pockets bulging and best of all the rear pockets are deep and the practically empty wallet rides a good two inches below the top lip of the pocket. I now have a one color, one style wardrobe and look like a communist.....

What the majority of "society" and the rest of mankind do or don't, I could care less. I like things that Work.....

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:11 am

Haha!
Tommy is a pussy AND a communist !

;)

What is f-ing brilliant is the combo thermoscud+sh150 old model(before 2012) because the hot air vents from radiator blow inside the thermoscud.
It takes a bit of time for the radiator to become warm when it is freezing but when you get that warm air under the blanket its bliss.
Unfortunately my sh300 doesnt have these vents as the radiator is down low behind the frontwheel :(

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:21 am

On the brighter side, at least I don't wear wooden shoes and stick my fingers in dikes!

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:31 am

I come from Holland indeed but still after all these years would like to stick my finger in a dyke, although i am sure you mean something else :lol:

Taos

Post by Taos » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:51 am

I think the termoscud sounds great never seen one, I ride until the snow every year, just bought a month ago electric heated pants I already had coat. They both have separated controls the pants work okay always seem to have them on max but the coat at 4 celcius I put on at med to high but never max it is sometimes to warm and must lower the coat temp. The coat warmth is like sitting on the couch at home with a electric blanket no cold spots, the pants are okay but don't feel the heat and do have cooler spots they use less power,I plug them into a power outlet I put with a 15amp fuse on the left of the sh above grocery hook and to the left.The manufacturer of heated clothing. Is venture I really like this heated clothing at this time of the year.
2010 black SH 150i and silver 2007 honda ST 1300.(sold) 2014 forza 300 ontario Canada