Saddle bags

Items to make your scooter look better or haul more
NADman

Saddle bags

Post by NADman » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:23 pm

This arrived today. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009S ... ge_o00_s00
I will post a pic later but I can tell you it fits perfectly and quality is way better than I expected.
I'm going fishing.

waspmike

Re: Saddle bags

Post by waspmike » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:19 pm

:idea: Now you can walk into Safeway looking like John Wayne :lol:

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:42 am

Very funny.......But if, his saddle was electrically-operated, John wouldn't have to carry those every he went.

Though I like the look and 'idea' of your new bags, I have been heavily using a pair of nylon(?) saddle-bags (~same cost) for 3½-years now and they are still in very good shape (a Twelve Pack could :o easily fit in each side).

I preferred this particular style (shown below) mainly because of how one can 'mount'/dis-mount them within the the time-[frame] it takes one to OPEN and CLOSE ones seat.
The forward 'strap' is adjusted and velcroed/'sized' (1 time!) BENEATH the seat and the rear-ward strap across the top of the seat (can't be under the seat; fuel cap prevents closing). Thus and therefore: → → → the bags cannot be removed without un-locking the seat. Nice, due-to-the-fact IMHO that many/most(?) U.S. corporate citizens can be easily tempted now-a-daze because of the many examples of their supposed 'leaders'.
The 'bags' came with a bunch of extra straps 'about' the bags that were intended to be attached (and can be) to various available points around the rear wheel but I found them unnecessary and cut them ALL off.

At least once-a-week, I venture forth from my Theodore Kaczynski-like shack and lollygag down the 'back-roads' amidst the low-scudding clouds into 'town' and cram-full these AND the 44-46qt. Givi top-case with fresh-produce; ever since 'seeing'/realizing that, on a bio-chemical level, the 'human' digestive-system cannot digest MEAT but can only ferment it. Leonardo Da Vinci, Plato and many other GREAT 'thinkers' (that we are 'allowed' access to), Warned and wrote of this. Not to mention The Top Dog, who/what-ever one perceives Him/it to be: http://biblehub.com/genesis/1-29.htm
Fermentation creates/fosters yeast → bacteria → mold growth (Yikes! Alcohol IS mold.) and considering the internal negative -pH value on 'the-other-side' of the intestinal wall within 'most' people due to shitty-diet (bacteria and mold cannot thrive in a +pH environ), I've become of the firm belief that all these many-many obese people plodding about are full of MOLD, NOT fat. Also, 'lung-cancer' IS MOLD growing upon the lung tissue and there are photo's to prove......SLAP! SLAP! ....ahh, ohh, uhh,...sorry for running way with Myself and PULLLEASE don't turn me into the "meat INDUSTRY"........

Just wanted to comment that Saddle Bags are a great idea and of many-a-use.
And, via some slight experience; I PREFER these (though of a different 'brand', as many are available)......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

waspmike

Post by waspmike » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:53 pm

This is fermented as well?

:lol:

Not sure where you are but here Dairy Queen provides dry ice with Blizzard take-outs. Which would also keep your stuff cool on the way home.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:08 am

IMHO it is probably fermented (rotting) and one of its 'selling' features is that it is high in protein and iron and like 'meat', those proteins and iron are not in the proper shape or form that the body can immediately utilize and the body expends more energy in 'processing' them then they provide us upon consumption......

Besides the saddle-saddle bags, I also find very useful this style of WW2 'messenger bag'. If the bags and the top-case are FULL, it can be slung over the shoulder.
More normally, it gets filled with the wonderful necessities for spending the day+ in the out-of-doors and 'fits' nice and squarely in the top-case until the ride ends and I find myself in Gods country......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.