Honda Windshield?

Items to make your scooter look better or haul more
Turtlechaser

Re: Honda Windshield?

Post by Turtlechaser » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:52 pm

I have the Honda windshield and trunk. My Sh150i looks identical to the picture that fst415 posted below. I did not cut the Honda windshield. I did ride mine before having the windshield and I can say that I often think that it looks a little goofy being so tall, but when I'm riding - I love this windshield! It's awesome! I'm 6 feet tall and when riding I am looking though the windshield. I don't often ride in rain, but I still think I wouldn't cut it. It gives great wind protection and is easy to see through. But I want hand guards! Or knuckle guards, if that's the preferred term. I bought the Honda knuckle guards, but haven't installed them yet. They were kinda pricey, but are the best looking I've seen. By the way the Honda trunk is awesome too. I'm not so sure about the optional pad though. I bought one, and mine always has a white powdery residue coming off of it.

jex

Post by jex » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:54 pm

Has anyone tried the Givi AF1100 adjustable windshield ? I have ordered one from Italy so I will post my experience when I get it.

http://www.omniaracing.net/en/givi-airf ... p-662.html

Edit :- the GIVI screen arrived

I received the screen today but it is for a 2011-2013 model. They must use a different mounting bracket than the 2007-2010 model so they don't fit my 2009 scoot. I am now attempting to get the correct mounting brackets from Givi in Italy. It could be an interesting exercise. The screen seems to fit the fairing ok, its the lower brackets that are different.
SH300i
Xr600

jex

Post by jex » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:21 pm

Givi were kind enough to send me the correct mounting kit from Italy at no charge. What excellent service. Here are a couple of photos after it was fitted. It took about 15minutes to fit, very easy.
SAM_0759s.jpg
SAM_0756s.jpg
John
Australia
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SH300i
Xr600

jex

Post by jex » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Well it's been 6 months since I fitted the screen. I have found it to be excellent. The only minor problem is at night, the light from the headlight reflects on the sliding screen which can be annoying. I could probably fix this by blacking out more of the bottom fixed screen but have not tried this yet.
SH300i
Xr600