Equine bags for SH

Items to make your scooter look better or haul more
Baysidebob

Equine bags for SH

Post by Baysidebob » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:25 pm

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AH7BEA

These go on easier and ride better than the motorcycle specific soft bags I have.

The 2Kg weight limit on the top box bothered me. No problem with that in these bags. Though not "huge" each side will easily hold three bottles of wine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Honda SH150i
Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec.
My actuary says I'm dead.

aztrooper

Re: Equine bags for SH

Post by aztrooper » Thu May 05, 2011 11:07 am

What top box is that and where can I get one?

Bob

Baysidebob

Post by Baysidebob » Thu May 05, 2011 6:07 pm

That's the stock Honda box. I got it because it doesn't use an adapter plate and the color matches. It costs too much but since this may be the ride of my dreams it will amortize out far better than lots of bikes I have accessorized and gotten rid of.
Honda SH150i
Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec.

VickyFL

Post by VickyFL » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:52 pm

Woo Hoo! Our bags arrived today & we'll have the rear trunk for my scoot next week. (Hubby's is on backorder.) Looking forward to finally having a place to put things.

But as usual I have a couple of questions. Are the equine bags attached in any way? And how much weight has been safely carried in the rear trunk. The 6# limit in the manual is very restrictive & not very practical. Just one gallon of milk weighs 8#. So how much have you carried?

Baysidebob

Post by Baysidebob » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:57 pm

VickyFL wrote:Woo Hoo! Our bags arrived today & we'll have the rear trunk for my scoot next week. (Hubby's is on backorder.) Looking forward to finally having a place to put things.

But as usual I have a couple of questions. Are the equine bags attached in any way? And how much weight has been safely carried in the rear trunk. The 6# limit in the manual is very restrictive & not very practical. Just one gallon of milk weighs 8#. So how much have you carried?
Just under the seat. Adjust fore/aft as needed. There are little grommits on the bag. I Put the grommits forward and on the left one used a plain rubber band looped through the grommit over the air intake. The left one would sometimes lift up in the wind when empty. Rubber band fixed that.

Regarding weight. It's the same spot a passenger would ride so no problem there. Each one will hold three bottles of wine. Capacity is not super but they don't increase the width so slipping through traffic isn't impaired.
I did put some clear packaging tape on the paint under the bag in case of wear but now I don't care. They stay on all the time.
Honda SH150i
Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec.

gvgirl

Post by gvgirl » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:24 pm

Does anyone have any photo's they could post of these bags actually on their sh150i? Thanks!

KIM

SWDan

Post by SWDan » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:15 pm

I just picked up these saddle bags for my scoot at Amazon for about $40 (Item 15-0170-BK-Parent). I'm going to put them on the back part of the seat over the top and use tarp ball bungees to hold them on, so quick on and off.
Honda, 2010, SH150i

lazyguy

Post by lazyguy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:54 pm

as far as weight goes i put 18 lbs. in the top box which included 5 quart jug of oil and a bottle of water in mild weather, don't know if the cold weather could hold up as well.