Tuning S.C. (slow chat)#1, where we all want to go 160

Figure out maintenance issues and discuss modifications
Nikolaidis

Re: Tuning S.C. (slow chat)#1, where we all want to go 160

Post by Nikolaidis » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:34 pm

I have seen, there is something called [GPR POWER RING ]...... It seems gives power from 0 and in some occasions top speed also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DXEvU7G2QI
Malossi TC Unit O2 Controller [Lamda Emulator]
Malossi Multivar MHR 9.5gr [RR] Dr.Pulleys with [white] contra spring
Malossi clutch springs [white]

Malossi Rs 24

Mivv Gp
DNA Air/Filter

Bobb

Post by Bobb » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:26 am

If you add up all the parts you've added it seems like an expensive proposition.

Does no one make an aftermarket ECU for the bike ?

On a Ruckus 50cc which topped out at 60 kph, I added an aftermarket ECU which allowed the engine to rev higher and an aftermarket variator. Just these 2 things allowed the Ruckus to hit 80 kph.

Bobb

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:34 am

I spend more then was necessary , the exhaust and rollers are what do most of the speed trick.

No , there is no atermarket ecu for the sh, there are piggiebacks which alter behavior of the standard ecu, modding the max rpm and/or ignition is however not possible.

There is also a difference with a ruckus50; this is a 50 cc which is restricted through the ecu to 2-4 HP or to a maximum speed because of legislation, un-restricting it will surely make a big difference, in Holland every moped is limited and within 5 minutes you can unrestrict it going fromn 45 Km/h to 85 km/h.
An sh150 or sh300 is not restricted in any way besides the rpm limiter....
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

megadeyutzu

Post by megadeyutzu » Fri May 02, 2014 9:23 am

how much do the vario rollers have to weigh to have a better top speed and also a good acceleration? now I am using the stock 20x15 12.5grams.

What do you think about using the 14grams. has anyone tried them?
I love riding fast but safe.

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:50 am

If you want to do something with the rollers on a stock bike you will have to make them lighter so the engine makes more revs.
I have however noticed already a few times with other owners that changing the rollers on a stock bike doesnt do very much and from some drivers i heard that it was worse with lighter rollers.
I guess this also depends on how much more noise and revs you are willing to accept for a certain amount of gain.

With a different exhaust (more open) you will need about 10 gram rollers and depending on how much load (weight) you put on the bike you can go as low as 9 grams.

The Leovince 4road exhaust was sold in Italy as a package with 9.8 gram rollers for the sh150 and 9.2 gram rollers for the sh125.

I guess with 10 gram rollers theres not much that can go wrong but the result may disappoint you, topspeed will not be lower but the effect on acceleration may be less then you expect however when overtaking a car a 60 kmh you will clearly notice the difference.
The power curve of the stock exhaust just doesn't ad a lot of torque at higher revs.
It is however a reasonable cheap mod with about 15 euro/dollar for a set of rollers if you can install them yourself so if you don't like it theres no real big damage to undo it.
However if you have to go to the dealer you may add about 0.5 to 1 hour labor cost to that which can make it a little bit expensive especially if you don't like the effect of the rollers and you have to pay again another hour of labor to put the original rollers back.

waspmike

Post by waspmike » Fri May 02, 2014 8:57 pm

megadeyutzu wrote:how much do the vario rollers have to weigh to have a better top speed and also a good acceleration? now I am using the stock 20x15 12.5grams.

What do you think about using the 14grams. has anyone tried them?
There is no silver bullet.

If money is not a problem get the best, a J Costa variator. Especially if you are paying someone to install it. Just bolt on and go. You can also play with weights if you want but J Costa have done all the work for you.

If you can do it yourself have a look at the variator face to check the belt is travelling as far as it can towards the outside. If it is not you will see a ring around the outer edge, maybe about 3mm. Either J Costa or Dr Pulley will fix this. Depends if you want the best or you want a hobby!

There is a new variator coming from Spanish motor bike tuning company Autisa. Keep your eyes open if you are a leader and not a follower ;)

megadeyutzu

Post by megadeyutzu » Sat May 03, 2014 12:39 am

[/quote]

There is no silver bullet.

If money is not a problem get the best, a J Costa variator. Especially if you are paying someone to install it. Just bolt on and go. You can also play with weights if you want but J Costa have done all the work for you.

If you can do it yourself have a look at the variator face to check the belt is travelling as far as it can towards the outside. If it is not you will see a ring around the outer edge, maybe about 3mm. Either J Costa or Dr Pulley will fix this. Depends if you want the best or you want a hobby!

There is a new variator coming from Spanish motor bike tuning company Autisa. Keep your eyes open if you are a leader and not a follower ;)[/quote]

Thanks for the advice.

I already have a J costa variator but I took it out and made my scooter stock. After some deep searching I found out that my problem are the springs from the clutch drum.

Let me explain: Because it is new, the springs on the clutch drum are stiffer so therefore the friction between the plates and the clutch bell is reduced when compared with the old clutch. I think I will replace the springs with the old ones and see if there is any difference.
After a test drive I will replace the stock variator with the J costa and then come with a reply and tell what difference it makes.

P.S Since I installed the new clutch my top speed went from 110kph to 100kph with the new springs.

waspmike

Post by waspmike » Sat May 03, 2014 9:35 pm

Three little springs? Correct?

Did you use red,yellow or white? Although I can't find anywhere which is stronger?

They shouldn't really effect top speed but ....

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Sun May 04, 2014 1:17 am

If the 3 little springs have an effect on your topspeed there is something really wrong with your clutch as these springs should only have an effect on take off.
Beyond 25 kmh the clutch should be fully engaged.

megadeyutzu

Post by megadeyutzu » Sun May 04, 2014 1:26 am

waspmike wrote:Three little springs? Correct?

Did you use red,yellow or white? Although I can't find anywhere which is stronger?

They shouldn't really effect top speed but ....
The 'little springs' as you call them do effect the top speed. if the springs are very stiff the pads don't have full contact with the clutch bell even at full throttle and this creates unneeded friction and loss of top speed.

This was my problem too. the stock springs on the new clutch were very stiff when compared with the springs on the old cultch.
After replacind the new springs with the old ones it made a considerable difference. The launch is made at lower rpm and my full speed increased again to 110kph.

I was told that this was going to happen anyway, the new spring will soften in about 500/600km but I don't have the patience for that.

The clutch springs are rated like so.
blue=1000rpm
yellow=1500rpm
red= 2000rpm

thisa are the rpm's that the clutch engages on.

Based on what I read if you are more of a city rider it's better to use low rpm springs, if you like a brutal launch at higher rev's you will have to use higher rpm springs, it's your choise.

note: the springs colors and specifications may be different from one manufacturer to another.