Max distance at full revs

Figure out maintenance issues and discuss modifications
madness

Max distance at full revs

Post by madness » Sun May 17, 2015 1:50 pm

Hi, comrades!
It's looks like Evil was driving me today... 120km took 1 hour or so.
Revs was at max almost always, and rev-limiter is my &^%&^%&%& nightmare!!! especially in down-hill! Should finally install m+p gears!!!!!!
But head gasket wasn't able to take care of such pressure and temperature... as i think....
Gasket had burned or pressured, so, it had connection between cilinder and channel of cooling water. Coolant was pressured away from coolant tank by gases of combustion chamber in time it explodes...
After i saw leak, cooling system was re-filled each ~40km, as fan turned on, 3 times... speed was no more then 90km/h to keep engine temperature 50-75%.
What do you say?...
;)
Last edited by madness on Sun May 17, 2015 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Must be finished manually with a File.

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Max distance at full revs

Post by TommyXP » Sun May 17, 2015 2:15 pm

I say that I am really happy you didn't have to push it home; Again :P
How did you 'see' the leak? Excessive white smoke?
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

madness

Post by madness » Sun May 17, 2015 2:30 pm

Coolant is not ECU, local riders help each other, one stopped, shared a liter.
But this problem was easy to see. Coolant was pressured out of coolant curcuit and out of coolant tank, it was all on my left leg :)
It happened before few times... And now i think, maybe i push it too much.... I always ride at full revs.... and when it was carb, it was 12 000 rpm... always i could.... Hmmmm....

P.S. WHITE SMOKE (!!!) comes later, when hole in gasket is so large, as not only internal cylinder pressure acts, but coolant pressure acts, so, when engine is off, coolant goes into cylinder, exhaust, and at engine's start it boils of high temperature of exhaust gases with "white smoke".

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sun May 17, 2015 3:33 pm

I'm happy to ride at 1 RPM as long as I can ride........
White smoke = Surrender.

madness

Post by madness » Sun May 17, 2015 3:44 pm

1 rpm.... Sweet to imagine :)
It's ok, i'm going to tight head a little up to 27Nm. If leak will stay, i've already ordered new gaskets... 7 days or so.
P.S. some people here uses 2 used gaskets instead of 1 new, with extra pressure. this decision works good and long.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sun May 17, 2015 5:57 pm

I like your "outside-the-box" thinking.
Reminds me of Peter the Great of whom I long ago read His Life particularly his ship-building; as I once 'worked' upon building boats and captained a yacht.
He didn't sit around 'thinking' about things and theories, but got off his ass and DID things his-self. And being in position to apply his learning (Czar), was able to share his 'hard-won' Knowledge (SHcooter.com!) and inspire it's imitation on a very, very large scale.....What a 'guy'!
Thanks for sharing and keep it 'up'.....Sounds like your having Fun, just don't 'spill' the seed.......
P.S. I am assuming the Cranes have returned?

madness

Post by madness » Mon May 18, 2015 9:50 am

Thank's! This kind of thinking is the result of absence of parts and services, when i was a child. It was a time, when each car owner was able to fully repare his car and neighbour's car by own hands with minimum number of tools and without any technical documentation ;)

It is pleasure, of course, when you've been compared with Peter the Great... :) But he was so Great that i'm just a zero on such background. I don't know any other historical person, who has done more for Russia. Fleet, industry, science, overseas trade, army... All these (and many many others) in Russia were, speaking softly, weak, until Peter came :)

It was Fun when i was starting this project, about year ago, but now... Now i feel almost no joy even when riding - always waiting for another problem to appear... Those gaskets, for example. I've ordered them Before my current gasket has been punctured, also i have almost all spare parts, able to fail, to replace them immediately.
So, the current task, as i feel it now, is not "to make well-working scooter", it is "not to allow scooter to brake". Sounds pretty depressive, doesn't it? ;) That's why i drink much.
Well, choosing between tears and laugh, i prefer laugh, so it looks like i'm having fun :) Dark humor.

Cranes? :) Haven't seen them for years, as i live in city and they live only in ecologically clean countryside.

Still, i'd like to ask about distance, covered at maximum revs (at maximum speed) :)

P.S. Hope, attached photos will be interesting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Wed May 20, 2015 5:24 am

Coincidence (?) how we were honoring the memory of Peter the Great, and now this morning I happen to be reading:

"So dramatic was his (Putin) conversion against the rapacious oligarchy that he is now spoken of as a veritable reincarnation of Peter the Great, who also saved Russia from enemies both within and without."
"Comparisons to Peter the Great, who has been praised “as an industrializer and cultural visionary who turned his country into a European power” are quite understandable. Under the stewardship of Tsar Peter I “Russia became feared but also respected by its neighbors, and he is the official czar-hero of Russian history.”
http://stateofthenation2012.com/?p=8159

Speaking softly, I've been of the same mind for many years now and I especially admire and support His Spiritual-Advisor's at the Valaam Monastery.
It is All written in the Heavens.........

P.S. I took the liberty of 'knocking'-down the size of your above picture files from ~175k to less than 70k, in order to save space on the server. (Simply compressed with little to no loss of quality.) If one can, pic files should try to be under 70k each.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

madness

Post by madness » Thu May 21, 2015 12:42 am

I can't agree. Putin is even nearly could not be compared to Peter. No doubt, he is very good president of Russia, he has done a lot. But what he has done and what he could do, if been cared of Country as Peter... Not even close, sorry :) BUT (!) Been compared to other "governors", who ruled Russia and USSR before him, except comrade Stalin of course, he is really the best, as he is strong, aggressive and clever. It is vision from inside our country, people here think and feel so.

Sorry, my mistake. I forgot about file size, and only have changed image size to 640x480.

I'd like to ask about one thing... My ECU gets really HOT after few minutes of riding. No high revs, speed is under 60km/hour. And it is almost too hot to keep my hand on it. I suspect that ECU is overheating abnormally, and it causes ECU damage.
So, could you please check it out on your SH? Just ride about 20 minutes and then put your hand on metal cap of ECU....

Thanks!

P.S. ECU's temperature and max distance are different topics, so i'll start new one.