testing variorollers

Figure out maintenance issues and discuss modifications
tatakiz

testing variorollers

Post by tatakiz » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:47 am

after eight years commyting to work and other places i started rebuilding and tuning my 150 SH 2006 model.
today i noticed something while testing speed with differend variorollers and i want to share it with you mt new friends. lates i hope by christmass the project will me completed and i will show everything i made
for now the test of the rollers

i used 10 grams cylindricall 20X15mm rollers. the scooter runs at very high rpm and it goes like crazy. very fast but high fuel consumption especially with two persons.
i also used 13.5 grams cylindrical 20X15mm rollers. good for long distance, high speed lets say, transportation. not good for stop and go situations.
today i used drpulley 11 grams sliders. i like them very much. very smooth deliver the power to the wheel, and a little more higher speed. and as you can see from the diagram wich is speed over time there is no gap at the acceleration like the normal vario rollers.
i am waiting for your comments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

waspmike

Re: testing variorollers

Post by waspmike » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:58 pm

What does the x-axis, the bottom one, represent? Seconds?, minutes? , kms?

There are many solutions I am happy you found one that you like.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:55 am

I wish all would fill-in "location" in their user 'profile', then we could 'see' and assume what measurement standard to apply.....
Otherwise; great info and thank-you for your time and efforts.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

tatakiz

Post by tatakiz » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:05 am

The horizontal axis is time in seconds and the vertical is speed in km/h. I live in Greece.

I will complete my profile I sometime

waspmike

Post by waspmike » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:41 pm

So this is done on the stand, not on a real road? I'm confused, which is easy for me..

tatakiz

Post by tatakiz » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:55 pm

This is on real Road. I used my gps watch to record the acceleration and speed. I made the same route at the same place and time of the day (While going to work)

waspmike

Post by waspmike » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:05 am

Maybe good for comparison but i am still at a lose as how you get from 0-100kph is 0.5 second?

tatakiz

Post by tatakiz » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:59 pm

I would be very happy with this acceleration, but time is in minutes. So with the 13 grams I reach 97.6 km/h in 35 seconds, with 11 grams in 32 and with 10 grams 29 seconds to the high area of speed but to get to full speed it takes a little time