Cylinder head modifications

Figure out maintenance issues and discuss modifications
madness

Re: Cylinder head modifications

Post by madness » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:37 pm

No, i didn't increase injection manifold, but it was not (now it is) smallest hole in chain. In the head, intake channel was about 23mm, now it is about 27mm.

Sure, i manage fuel mixture (forcemaster), as i use 170cc. Later going to manage it more by change ECT data manually (potentiometer).

Filter, i use, is not worse then KN and DNA, it's malossi "red filter", very hi-flow.
Valves are already lightened.

12500 revs! :)))) Nooooo, i won't go that way :) Keep in mind, my engine made in China, it is not pure Honda. In stok i was able to get thees revs, but on BBK with higher compression 12500 sounds a little bit scary.
Must be finished manually with a File.

waspmike

Post by waspmike » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:21 pm

Keep in mind this SCOOTER has a "assembled" crankshaft so not made from 1 block of steel but build from more parts,
:idea: So may have balanced altered by using a rattle gun to install a variator?

Best I heard was 11,000 rpm on an older MKI PCX.

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:31 am

Using a pneumatic hammer on an assembled crankshaft is not the smartest thing to do, you may hammer 1 of the crankshaft halves out of allignment after which the engine will vibrate or worse.

In my life i have repaired thousants of assembled crankshafts and alligned these and i can assure you that it only takes one small blow from a 200 gram hammer to mis-allign a crankshaft.
To dismantle the vario you should always use a normal wrench and the stopper tool and some elbow grease, eat more spinach and you dont need a pneumatic hammer. :P
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

madness

Post by madness » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:52 am

Yes, yes, i know...
I use pneumatic hammer in variator only because of broken "hole" (one of two) in half-pulley for stopper.
It was broken using wrong stopper :(
Must be finished manually with a File.