#1Changing brake fluid and what is #2Clutch Shoes Wear?

Figure out maintenance issues and discuss modifications
gigglefeet

#1Changing brake fluid and what is #2Clutch Shoes Wear?

Post by gigglefeet » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:10 am

Hi guys and dolls,

I was just wondering if anyone can descripe how to change the brake fluid and if it is an easy/difficult job.

yours truly the uber mechanic :lol:

p.s. I could not find anything using the search function other than a debate about how long the intervals should be between changes :)

Clutch Shoes Wear how to check on that? and what is that (I know I'm a compleet noob when it comes to technical stuff.

I love to learn about it and would at this point in my life like to learn motorcycle mechanics, but time and 2 kids beg to differ with me on that one at the moment, but I am a quick learner and am extreamly interestes in the matter.

Robert
2015 SH150
Honda original Topbox

TommyXP
Staff

Re: #1Changing brake fluid and what is #2Clutch Shoes Wear?

Post by TommyXP » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:08 am

Changing the brake fluid is not a difficult task with the proper 'tools' and strict attention to obtaining the exact replacement fluid.
I can only speak for the 2010Sh which only has 1 disc brake on the front and 'shoes' on the back, and I used a small hand operated 'vacuum-pump' which eliminates the helpful use of a second set of hands (though not essential) as in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmC5SsXnHTE
There are many more video's and watch a few until you 'get it' (the basic cautions).
There are many video's and though of different models the "Method" is basically the same and what you want to apply to your particular situation.

I won't go into checking clutch wear unless I am assured that you have obtained the Factory Service Manual, which would eliminate the necessity of my easily misconstrued 'words'.
Cut back on the kids allowances until you get one, as it will comfortably assure them of still having a Daddy after He gets done tinkering........
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

robber57
Admin

Re: #1Changing brake fluid and what is #2Clutch Shoes Wear?

Post by robber57 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:51 pm

#2 ; report back in this topic when youve done 35.000 miles to see if this forum still exists, then go to your shed and drive another 35.000 , when youve done that it may possibly just about time to start concerns about your clutch shoe wear. ;)

When standard (no mod springs) it will last an eternity, when modded with springs it will last an eternity minus 100 miles, i have never heard of one being replaced , even not my own and i can assure you that i have done just about anything to kill it it including trying to go up a 20% incline witha trailer behind it and several 100 lbs of load and big plumes of white smoke coming from the belt case. :P
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.