Adding a petrol filter to SH 150, 2004 y model?

Figure out maintenance issues and discuss modifications
lamy

Adding a petrol filter to SH 150, 2004 y model?

Post by lamy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:39 am

Hi peeps,

The petrol here is not very good. As far as I understand this model does not have a petrol filter. But it looks like an installation is rather easy. Other scooters have such a filter. So should I go for this installation or it will mess up something? Here's how my filter looks like:
The direction of the petrol flow is from left to right considering how the image is placed currently.
20170310_153607-resize.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Adding a petrol filter to SH 150, 2004 y model?

Post by TommyXP » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:07 am

I have little experience with the fuel lines but I see no reason why you can't or shouldn't do what you intend.
In fact, you have me thinking whether I shouldn't exercise the same foresight and consider doing the same.
Also, it looks like you have a Givi mount on the back for a top box and wondering if you have the case too?
I have a small (21qt?) lying around collecting dust......
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

lamy

Post by lamy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:08 am

The back top box mount is Givi, but the transport costs would be somewhat high from USA to Bulgaria I recon... I also replaced it with some cheap Chinese one. It's not the smallest size. Could fit a scooter helmet and costed around $25. Sizes 46/40/28 cm

Thank you for encouraging me to fit the fuel filter... Will try to make a bit more research as I'm a bit of bad mechanic and share the results of the intervention.

SH125Paul

Post by SH125Paul » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:16 am

Sounds like a good idea...
One thing to check with the plastic type fuel filters is for any 'flashing' (extra plastic from the moulding) that may be around the tube bits the fuel pipe connects too. both on the outside of the fuel filter - and the inside where the tube bit opens up in to the main vessell...
On cheaper versions the flashing can be quite significant, and can reduce fuel flow...