Hello guys!

Figure out maintenance issues and discuss modifications
danny23

Hello guys!

Post by danny23 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:21 pm

I just bought a 2010 Sh150i, I know nothing about the scooter. It has very low mileage and it was cheap so I couldn't pass it up. Over the winter I live in the Pacific North West. I had to disconnect the battery and stored it over break. Anyway, I put the battery and the cover back on. Everything started up as normal. Then I realized I could not access my seat trunk. Any tips would be great! Also, any tips unrelated to this topic on what I should look after in this scooter would also be helpful.

Thank you everyone!

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Hello guys!

Post by TommyXP » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:11 am

Hello Danny and welcome to the Forum.
It sounds like you did really well for yourself, as I am certain you will continually discover over the coming years.
To open the seat, which is mechanically (cable) activated via the ignition switch, merely turn the key counter-clockwise from the OFF position about a 1/10th of turn and you will hear it 'pop'.....IF the storage compartment has been over-loaded and crammed with essentials and rain-gear; sometimes you have to press down on the seat in order to allow the bound mechanism to release.
Enjoy your new ride and the sensations that this totally adequate and trouble-free 2-wheeler does provide.....
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Hello guys!

Post by TommyXP » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:30 am

As to what 'tips' we can provide, there are many throughout this Forum and much is dependent upon the mileage which you have yet to provide.
My tip of all tips would be to acquire "The Factory Service Manual" immediately, as I believe one should for any vehicle or utilitarian apparatus that one intends to care for and get maximum value out of. It makes even simple chores that much easier.
Give us the mileage and a more comprehensive description of what the bike has at present (windscreen, box, etc.) and I am certain other happy owners will extent the charity of their experience for us all.....
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.