Belt Casing air filter element

Figure out maintenance issues and discuss modifications
Thos

Belt Casing air filter element

Post by Thos » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:39 am

I have a 2014 150SHi. I set out to clean the air filter for the drive belt casing and internals. After much hassle with body panels to get access to one of the 3 bolts to the air filter cover I managed to get the cover off and to my surprise found there was no filter element to clean!! A bit of research and I found a parts diagram for my 2014 model and it too did not seem to show a filter element, so air is sucked in to the belt casing directly from outside - dust, sand and all! Maybe that's why the clutch sometimes feels a bit juddery.

Is this correct. Has anyone with a later model like mine noticed the absence of a filter element or has my repair garage simply forgot to put it back during a previous service?

Thos

YellowJacket

Re: Belt Casing air filter element

Post by YellowJacket » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:27 pm

Will this help? This is US version which we only had in 2010. Part #4.
http://oemparts.chaparral-racing.com/oe ... case-cover

Thos

Post by Thos » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:20 am

Thanks for this. I have seen this drawing in the 2010 service manual. I cannot find a 2014 manual but I have looked at a similar diagram published by my parts provider and it does not include the washable filter. I suppose its absence is therefore intentional but it seems strange the machine should suddenly not need a filter!!

Thos (aka Puzzled of Gozo)

luxroller

Post by luxroller » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:57 pm

Mine is a 2011 and mounting off the filter housing really is a pain in the @rse but after a few times you get used to it and you just know it takes a bit of time but its do-able , me i already can take it off and on witin 35 minutes and a pair off sour fingers . :mrgreen:
Filter is a big word for a ring of foam, its nothing special and it will hold only very big pollutions such as leaves etc. Dust will pass anyway and i dont think its a big issue.
Toni