USB port

Figure out maintenance issues and discuss modifications
docholiday

USB port

Post by docholiday » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:48 am

Hi all. I was looking online for products that would allow me to install a USB plug. I have a couple ideas but was wondering if anyone has done this before and is happy with the way it turned out. Thanks.

TommyXP
Staff

Re: USB port

Post by TommyXP » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:56 am

I don't own a phone (!), but if I did I would simply get an adapter for the 12v receptacle that I installed to facilitate trickle-charging the battery or to plug in the 12v meter that indicates battery level and/or alternator charging. I know of a few people that have installed USB's under their seats though....
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:13 pm

I put a 12 volt outlet in the plastic piece under the seat since it was very easy to access the battery terminals. If you do a search I have some pictures posted. I really like the Aukey flush charger port. I originally purchased a Scosche GPS 2-Port USB Car Charger from Ebay for $4.95 including shipping. Well it quit working after a week or so. The Aukey I picked up on Amazon Prime for $9.95 shipped. Much better quality and completely flush. Very snug in the outlet. Comes with a 2 year warranty.

Much better product. I guess you get what you paid for.

docholiday

Post by docholiday » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:46 am

Thanks for the tips! Appreciate it.