Factory Windscreen and Rear Trunk Installation

Figure out maintenance issues and discuss modifications
jdmaysjr

Factory Windscreen and Rear Trunk Installation

Post by jdmaysjr » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:12 pm

I purchased Honda's windscreen, rear trunk and trunk pad. I know these parts are more expensive than aftermarket and I haven't seen aftermarket equivalents, but I love Honda's reliability and design. A 30% discount helped soften the blow.

The windscreen installation required removal of the handlebar covers, stock wind deflector and headlight assembly, but it was a straight forward procedure. Don't remove the mirrors or you won't be able to put them back on after the windscreen brackets are installed (I learned the hard way). I was a little surprised the nuts for the windshield brackets weren't lock nuts-I used blue loctite thread-locking compound on them just to be safe. I'm 5'9", have a long torso and short legs (29" inseam). I look through the top of the windscreen while sitting in a comfortable riding position, which suits me. I've had the scooter up to about 60mph since installing the windscreen and experienced no buffeting.

The trunk required minor assembly-the lock had to be installed and the backrest (which is optional, but I thought my wife would like it) had to be attached with the included adhesive tape. The contact points had to be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol before applying the adhesive tape. I'm thinking of getting the trunk lock and ignition lock keyed alike. The trunk can be installed or removed from the scooter with the key in about 15 seconds, although it remains securely attached if you merely want to unlock it to gain access to it.

Taos

Re: Factory Windscreen and Rear Trunk Installation

Post by Taos » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:22 am

Do you find better fuel economy ? Or no noticeable difference,some people say scooter goes a little faster.
2010 black SH 150i and silver 2007 honda ST 1300.(sold) 2014 forza 300 ontario Canada