Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
hankth

Post by hankth » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi all. I pick up my new SH150i this Fri. Very excited. I'm a life long rider, I'm 69 yrs. old. This is only my second scooter. I just sold a Suzuki Burgman 400. I wanted something smaller this time. Ride safe all, Hank.

Baysidebob

Re: newbie

Post by Baysidebob » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:01 pm

I'm 63. This is the best motor vehicle (for my purposes) I"ve owned. Properly outfitted it does everything I require with just a bit left over. Lots of us on the forum have gone throught lots of bikes. For some of us the SH150i totally meets our needs.
Honda SH150i
Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec.
My actuary says I'm dead.

Baysidebob

Post by Baysidebob » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:07 am

I guess we'll have to defer to Hank as the elder among us (so far). Every time I run an errand I feel pain-free and brand-new. "....refuse to quit."? I feel like I just got started.
Honda SH150i
Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec.
My actuary says I'm dead.

hankth

Post by hankth » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:31 pm

Quit? I DON'T THINK SO. :lol:

F800

Post by F800 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:20 pm

There is a person on the Burgman Forum that sold his Burg 650 for the Elite 110 to get away from the weight factor. The SH150i is freeway legal with more power and flexibility than the Elite 110 that he says goes about 50mph.

I sold my R1200R for the Burgman 650 and found out that the Burg 650 is heavier and more difficult to push around than my R1200R with the engine off. While the SH150i replaced my F800GS and Metropolitan 50cc. Right now the SH150 is my everyday bike for commuting and short freeway use. Everyone here who has or had the SH150 know how fast this scooter goes 8-)

hankth

Post by hankth » Tue May 03, 2011 3:49 am

F800,
My other bike is an R1200R. I got that to replace the way heavier RT. Don't use it much as I always take the SH150i out instead. I am really surprised at how usable (quick) it is for any road, except an interstate. I love the thing.

I sold my R1200R for the Burgman 650 and found out that the Burg 650 is heavier and more difficult to push around than my R1200R with the engine off. While the SH150i replaced my F800GS and Metropolitan 50cc. Right now the SH150 is my everyday bike for commuting and short freeway use. Everyone here who has or had the SH150 know how fast this scooter goes 8-)[/quote]

F800

Post by F800 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:40 am

hankth wrote:F800,
My other bike is an R1200R. I got that to replace the way heavier RT. Don't use it much as I always take the SH150i out instead. I am really surprised at how usable (quick) it is for any road, except an interstate. I love the thing.
I love my SH150i and I ride it every day. My R1200R felt much lighter to push around than my present Burgman 650 that is an absolute *HOG* :roll: The R1200R according to the specs weighs 437 lbs, the R1200RT weighs in at 504 lbs, the Burgman 650 weighs in at 613lbs and we are not talking about pushing the B650 with the CVT transmission resistance :o

I plan on keeping my SH150i as my daily ride :D

ThatScooterGuy

Post by ThatScooterGuy » Sat May 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Baysidebob wrote:I'm 63. This is the best motor vehicle (for my purposes) I"ve owned. Properly outfitted it does everything I require with just a bit left over. Lots of us on the forum have gone throught lots of bikes. For some of us the SH150i totally meets our needs.
I agree completely. I've owned 46 motorcycles and ten scooters. The SH150i is easily one of the best.

I only have two whimsical gripes about it...

One is that it doesn't scratch my "ride like Valentino Rossi" itch. When I'm on a sportbike I feel like I'm hot stuff.

The second is that it doesn't feed my "ride around the world like Ted Simon" fantasy (alternatively insert the names Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman). It's exciting to think that I could walk down to the garage and ride to Argentina if I wanted.

When I snap back to reality, a number of things help clear away the angst.

1) I am not a very skilled sportbike pilot.

2) Professional roadracers have more motorcycle riding talent in their poop than I could ever hope to attain in a lifetime.

3) Track days are too expensive, too infrequent, and too far away to be satisfying.

4) I've owned a number of dual-sport bikes over the years, and very rarely ever took them off pavement. I had one big international ride, and will likely not do another (rate limiting factors being money and family responsibilities).

5) The truth is that a trans-contitinental adventure could easily be made by scooter. Peter Moore hasn't quite matched Ted Simon, but he has had some fantastic adventures on scooters (and has written some fun books about them). What's magical about scooter travel is that you are even more in touch with the places you ride through than motorcyclists are. So, you don't need to go quite as far to get the same "travel high." On a typical weekend ride with my scooter club I feel like I see so many different things. Yet... we rarely go more than 50 miles.

6) The guys I enjoy hanging around with (and riding with) are into scooters. If I ever purchased a motorcycle on impulse, I'd eventually realize this and just end up selling it. Money down the drain.

7) The SH150i has alot to be proud of on its own. Great top-speed, styling, handling and fuel economy. Made in Italy. Fuel injection. Low maintenance. Honda reliability.