New Scooter Rider

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
aztrooper

New Scooter Rider

Post by aztrooper » Thu May 05, 2011 11:51 am

New to this forum and to scooter riding. Since the price of gas has gone up, I started looking for something more economical to drive to work 5 miles one way. Started looking on Craigs list and came across an ad for a new 2010 SH150i. Called the guy and found that the dealer was clearing out the new 2010 models for $3499. Drove the 50 miles to the dealer and got the SH plus a 3 year bumper to bumper zero deductible warranty with license and tax for $4000 along with the Honda Finance 36 month 1.9% finance. WOW. I couldn't pass it up. Got it home, got my helmet and am waiting for my leather jacket to come in since riding it home after work will be at night and the bugs get pretty big after dark. Plans are to put on some sort of trunk and get a windscreen for it. Want a trunk that has lights besides the reflector as to be seen better. Not going to pay Honda's extreme prices for their aftermarket stuff. Glad to be a part of the forum and looking forward to hearing and posting adventures.

Bob in Arizona
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

robber57
Admin

Re: New Scooter Rider

Post by robber57 » Thu May 05, 2011 12:00 pm

Welcome!

Take a look here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1067 for your box with lights.
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

aztrooper

Post by aztrooper » Thu May 05, 2011 1:34 pm

Yup. Saw that already. Just found a Givi windscreen and mount on sale for $130.99 for either the 21 or 24" model. Guess it depends on body height as to which one to get.

http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/servle ... 7AodRDyrgQ

Bob in Arizona

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Thu May 05, 2011 4:10 pm

With screens you usually have the choice; looking through a high screen and completely out of the wind or looking just over a lower screen and just/barely being out of the deflected wind.
If you are going to ride in rain you have to consider looking through a wet screen is exhausting on your concentration and focus.
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

bigbird
Staff

Post by bigbird » Thu May 05, 2011 4:29 pm

Enjoy your scoot. It's a blast around town.
2009 Silverwing 600, black SH150i sold
Winnipeg Canada