SH in Honolulu

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
chopt31

SH in Honolulu

Post by chopt31 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:05 pm

Thanks to the mention on TotalRuckus.com I found this site! I've had myt SH for a few month now and have been busy making it 'mine'! I've added a LeoVince EvoII carbon pipe, gotten rid of the stock airbox with a Kajima enclosed air filter that I used to run on my Ruckus, added new shocks from ATR that were meant for a Zuma, (they are a bit tall, but work/look nice). I've deleted the rear hangdown fender and moved the plate to a side mount with an led frame. The stock front fender has been changed to a low mount that moves with the tire, ( I took a fender from a CPI GTR). I've painted all the silver body panels yellow with a pearl clear and that adds a bit more 'flash'. I would like to do a rear end stretch and lower the bike, but with a lack of aftermarket parts I guess I'm pretty much on my own with this mod. I am pretty illiterate with posting photos but if I can figure it out I'll get some up. Until then I'll enjoy the company and hope to hear about your projects so I can steal ideas!

bigbird
Staff

Re: SH in Honolulu

Post by bigbird » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:16 pm

Did you have to do any fuel mapping mods with the addition of the LeoVince EvoII carbon pipe? How would you describe the sound now?
2009 Silverwing 600, black SH150i sold
Winnipeg Canada

chopt31

Post by chopt31 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:29 am

No re-map was needed, although I had already located two units for that purpose, (specific to the SH). The sound with the silencer in was a nice low note and not very loud. When I took the silencer out, the sound was not unpleasant at all and that is how I run it. The engine sound is different from the GY6 Rucks that I ride with. A much tighter note and very pleasing to my ears. I did the air filter first, and left the stock plenum in place with the Kajima enclosed filter placed INSIDE the opening of the plenum. I think the restriction of the smaller opening works in a positive way. I used a set screw to guarantee the filter stays in place, (a self-tapping screw through both plenum and canister). The only hose that was effected by the move was the vent from the head. I put a small filter on the end and routed it out the side near the air filter. It lets a bit of oil drizzle out on a hard ride that is easily wiped off the variator case. I was very pleased that the SH performed flawlessly with these simple mods and required no re-map. Also happy not to spend the extra $300 for a unit! (Thanks for your post on TR.com to alert to this site!)

bigbird
Staff

Post by bigbird » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:47 am

Good report. Any significant difference in performance? I may wait until my warranty is over to install a performance exhaust.
2009 Silverwing 600, black SH150i sold
Winnipeg Canada