Thanks for setting up this forum!

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
BillShepard

Thanks for setting up this forum!

Post by BillShepard » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:18 am

Thanks for setting up this forum! (I love the name you've given it)

I purchased my SH150i on May 18 and now have about 500 miles on it. Lovin' every minute I'm riding it. Looking forward to the networking through this forum. I do have Facebook group for the SH150i, but I think this will become the de facto site, I'll post this link to my F/B group and maybe it'll attract some other folks.

About me: I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (Menominee) and have been riding scooters for about 4 years. Previous model: '07 Yamaha C3; prior to that I owned a Cushman Eagle when I was a kid (maybe that's why I liked the C3, it reminded me of that scooter with its shape). The riding season is relatively short up here - at the most about 6-8 months - but we diehards are out til the first snow, and then some. I'm working on my motorcycle endorsement, as it is required in MI for any cycle over 50cc's. I'm a parish pastor and love riding. This year we organized the first "Blessing of the Bikes" for our community, and drew about 100 people on the big bikes, on scooters, and bicycles. After the event we split into 3 groups and went on rides of varying lengths: 100mi (full size mc's), 40mi (scooters), 6mi (bicycles). This event will become an annual event for our community, it sure brought together a lot people and just created more enthusiasm for biking in general.

That's why I'm glad you have organized this site - I think it will help bring people together to share ideas, stories, concerns, solutions and enthusiasm for riding. Glad to be a part of it!

Thanks

duderiffic
Admin

Re: Thanks for setting up this forum!

Post by duderiffic » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:31 pm

Welcome- out of the first couple members (and anyone I've seen on urbanscootin) you're the only one with an SH. :D

I'm looking forward to trying one out. I'm quite happy with my Vespa, but to be honest there are a few areas in which I think it could be better and it seems pretty obvious to me Honda's marketing team was looking squarely at the LX when they decided that the SH was worth importing.

Hopefully we'll get some more SH-owning peers on here for you soon. :D

smorris

Re: Thanks for setting up this forum!

Post by smorris » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:20 am

Welcome, Bill!

It will be intereating to read your comments as you put more miles on the scoot and come across various situations. Like Jeff, I'll be comparing the SH to my LX. I already know that the Genuine Buddy 125 outperforms the LX (even my kitted and modded one) off the line, while getting substantially better gas mileage. It will be interesting to see how yours does when you start getting consistant MPH results after break-in.
duderiffic wrote:Welcome- out of the first couple members (and anyone I've seen on urbanscootin) you're the only one with an SH. :D
Oh, so we're just here to make you look good, huh? :roll:

:D