Diving in with both feet.

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
Cavallo

Diving in with both feet.

Post by Cavallo » Wed May 05, 2010 8:10 am

I never pictured myself as a two-wheeled vehicle 'type.' Crotch-rockets whizzing by the house have always been a low-grade annoyance, and I've always thought that guys on Harleys would be better off having their testosterone poisoning treated surgically.

That began to change recently, however, when I had a vintage Honda Spree practically dropped into my lap. Against all sanity and logic, I've decided I really like it.

Being nearly 45, I thought I'd get the jump on my middle-age-crazy, and just go for broke. I pick up my SH150i on Saturday. It strikes me as being the perfect compromise between the part of me that wants nothing to do with proper motorcycles, and the part that is sorely tempted by them. Who knows where this will lead?

I poked around the net for a good forum, and this one seems to be the most specific, so here I am. At least here, I very much doubt I'll see any wankers griping about the price.

Which, by the way, I think I did well on. $4050 with no fees. All I had to pay was tax and an inspection fee, bringing my total investment so far on this insanity to $4410.

—Dan

Cavallo

Re: Diving in with both feet.

Post by Cavallo » Wed May 05, 2010 8:32 am

Thanks, Mike!

I kinda like that we seem to be coming at this scooter thing from opposite directions. :D

Yeah - it only just dawned on me about the whole accessories thing. I'm still mired in the initial paperwork between the dealer and the DMV, and getting myself upgraded to Class-M. Very soon, though, I'm sure I'll want one of those GIVI windscreens. Once I get back to my desk, perhaps I'll start a thread with the accessories I'm considering thus far.

Cavallo

Post by Cavallo » Wed May 05, 2010 8:46 am

Hey - thanks for that. I will definitely be looking for a top-box sometime soon.

My only experience so far is doing 30MPH on a 1984 Honda Spree. :lol:

Very soon, I'll be able to determine whether I *need* the windscreen, although I suspect I will.

bigbird
Staff

Post by bigbird » Wed May 05, 2010 10:54 am

Hi Cavallo. I just traded my SH150i on a new Silverwing. If you are in need of a service manual or some common maintenance parts ( extra oil drain plug, O-rings for oil drain plug, air filter, oxygen sesnor, etc) let me know. I'll sell them CHEAP!
2009 Silverwing 600, black SH150i sold
Winnipeg Canada

Cavallo

Post by Cavallo » Wed May 05, 2010 11:07 am

Thanks for the offer. Sometime soon, I'm sure I'll be in the market for such things. I'll know in a week or three!