Hello from Ohio! Scooter noob

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
rockchic56

Hello from Ohio! Scooter noob

Post by rockchic56 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:10 am

Just thought I'd say hello to everyone on the forum! My name is Sara & I'm totally new to the world of scootering. I just got a pretty good deal on a new red 2010 SH150i from a local dealer. I had a hard time choosing between the SH150i and a new Vespa, but my faith in Honda's reliability and the SH's larger tires(NE Ohio has hella big pot holes) were 2 of the main deciding factors. I will be getting my temps tomorrow & begin practicing on our 2 dead end streets. It really seems like a great place to learn to ride since there is very little traffic and a nice turn around at the end of each street. I haven't signed up for a rider's safety course YET but plan on doing so. Eventually, I'd like to be able to ride my scooter to University & to work in the warmer months. The local/country roads I'll be riding on have speed limits between 25-55 mph. I'm hoping that the SH150i will not only be fun, but also reliable, and more environmentally friendly/fuel efficient than my Honda CRV.

SilverBolt

Re: Hello from Ohio! Scooter noob

Post by SilverBolt » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:31 am

Welcome Sara. You'll find lots of neat information for your scoot here. Try to get that course done sooner then later. It will keep you safer. Sorry if that sounded like a dad speaking but it is. ;)

strkngfang

Re: Hello from Ohio! Scooter noob

Post by strkngfang » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Welcome Sara! You will love your SH. I've had mine since the end of July and its approaching 1,600 miles. I've had it as fast as 71mph and haven't gotten anything less than 92mpg!! 8-)
Dan
2010 SH150i & Elite 110