Hello from Holland!

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
robber57
Admin

Hello from Holland!

Post by robber57 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:59 pm

Hi!,
I am Richard , 44 yrs and a industrial pneumatic/hydraulic mechanic from a tiny place in Holland called HeerHugoWaard, translated: The domain of Lord Hugo, its about 50 KM from Amsterdam.
( so please have some leniency regarding my English )
I have bought my SH recently, its a second hand from 2006 and only had 600 KM on it, the price was half so i just could not resist it. 8-)

I just got my motor drivers license so you could say i am one these guys with a midlife crisis who suddenly wants to be "free" but that's not the whole story;
From age 18 i have been motor racing in 50cc,80cc,250cc,350cc up until the point i had to sell the tv to buy new pistons, so after 15 years of racing i put an end to it, sadly.
To race in those days in Holland you just had to fill in a form stating that you had a driving license and as "security measure" you had to fill in the number of your license, which i did, with the number of my mothers license :lol:
By the time they found out i had been racing for 6 years so they gave me a dispensation waver and i could continue.
For transportation i always had a car and or 50 cc scooters/mopeds for which you did not need any license and when the license for mopeds/50 cc scooters came the car license was also sufficient so even then there was no need for me to get the motor license.
50cc mopeds and scooters are are very well tunable(although illegal), the last Derbi GP1 50 cc i still have is faster then the SH150 but at a certain point i got tired of looking over my shoulder for any police car and at 130 Km/h a 50 cc is not all that reliable...

So: i am a "new" and happy biker!

Due to my past and my work i am fairly well educated in technical stuff so most of my posts will probably reflect that.

Starting: I finally managed to find a copy of the digital Service Manual, its a pdf and appears to be the genuine thing, its not a photocopy, it has an index and you can text-search it.
What i cannot check; the SH150i comes in a number of flavors,construction years,local versions etc. and i have (yet) no clue for what version the manual is, it is dated feb 2005 and appears to be for the European model and seems to be spot-on for my own SH but it can/may/will be not completely compatible with American models so if you want to use it: be careful and double check with other sources before actually using any information from the manual.
My idea; if you want to do "some" work on your bike it can be a great help and can give you some idea of what you are getting in to before you break something in your ignorance, but if the manual says "put 12 volt on pin 6 and 9 to test the ignition" i would check that first at another source.... :roll:
So it will and cannot be a substitute for the real paper manual which is specific made for your model SH.

Secondly: i am in the process of paste/copying all exploded views and parts lists with prices which can be found on several parts-ordering sites, its a hell of job to get the quality right for print but these lists are so handy if you want to service/repair your bike and worry about the costs.
The prices may be not spot-on and will change over time but it will give you some idea of what to expect.

I will post no link to the files, if you are interested you can contact me and i will provide you the link and password for it.
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

SilverBolt

Re: Hello from Holland!

Post by SilverBolt » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Welcome Richard. You'll finds lots of great information for your SH here. Be safe out there.
Ron