New to 2010 Sh150i

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
tmtran73

New to 2010 Sh150i

Post by tmtran73 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:05 pm

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and have no mechanical experience so please bare with me.

I just bought a 2010 sh150i with only 100 miles. It has two issues; fuel tank and fuel gauge.

Replaced the fuel with a used one which is in good condition. The old one was dirty (a lot of dust like clay) and rusty. clean the pump, pump housing and the floater. put it back together and filled it with gas in full. The gauge is still not working.

does anyone has the schematic (wire diagram) and pictures to troubleshoot the fuel gauge?

TommyXP
Staff

Re: New to 2010 Sh150i

Post by TommyXP » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:56 am

Here is a little to start with (from the Service Manual).......

"Disconnect the fuel pump 5P connector.
Check for continuity between the Green/black (ground) wire terminal of the wire harness side 5P connector and ground.
There should be continuity.

Remove the front handlebar cover.
Check the Gray/black and yellow/white wires for continuity between the fuel gauge and level sensor.
There should be continuity.

If wires are normal, check the fuel level sensor:
Remove the fuel pump assembly.
Measure the resistance between the connector terminals.
Green/black + Yellow/white = 25 - 45 ohms (float position UP) 400 - 700 ohms (down)
Yellow/white + Gray/black = 450 - 750 ohms.

I hope this helps to get you started and good Luck.......
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

tmtran73

Post by tmtran73 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:39 pm

does anyone have instruction how to remove the handle cover to check the gauge level?

Do i need to remove the pump assembly from fuel tank or just leave it in there to do the check at the connector?

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:34 am

To remove the handlebar cover:
remove the mirrors. Caution: the mirrors and adapters are not 'threaded' the same on both sides. The adapter on the right side is 'reverse' threaded.
remove the two socket bolts (the two large screws on either side of the instrument panel) and remove the 'garishes' by releasing their tabs and snap fit clips from the front handlebar cover.
Remove the 4 screws from the front of the handlebar cover.
Disconnect the headlight connector to remove the front handlebar cover....

You do not have remove the fuel pump in order to make resistance measurements at the connector.

I highly recommend that you obtain a factory service manual.
The instructions above are only a small portion of the information and explicit photographs/diagrams that are available in the manual.
Some things are difficult to put into words without a pictorial diagram.

Good Luck.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.