Hi from Chiangrai Thailand

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
happybob

Hi from Chiangrai Thailand

Post by happybob » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:14 pm

I'm a retired american marketing exec living in northern thailand, with my SH150, for past 2 years. better than the very popular honda PCX here as i am 'wisconsin' standard; ie 125KG, 6' tall. Looking for a little more power for the many twisty hills here. confused by 'marginal?' improvements for variator weight, clutch spring, & exhaust changes. anyone done an upgrade of the motor from 150 to 300? should be a direct bolt-on with honda engineering. SH300's never sold in Asia- honda wants you to go to the Forzza model for the 300 power. would buy a 'crashed' 300 & have it imported if anyone else can comment on this. Will show my custom widened seat with the 'bump' relocated back near the forward rear carrier bolts when i get someone to take a picture of it for me - 2G phone has no camera!

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Hi from Chiangrai Thailand

Post by TommyXP » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:21 am

Welcome to the Forum Bob.
The 300 was not available in the U.S. either and as to bolting the engine onto a SH: it is not 'do-able' or half the users to this Forum would have done it by now; or so it seems.
As to weights and variators you'll find much discussion throughout the site elsewhere.
I cut-the-hump out of 2 SH's and would be interested to see how you were able to 'widen' it.
From what little I understand, Thailand is one of the preferred places to 'Be', at this point in Time, from a social/political/economic view point......Enjoy
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

waspmike

Post by waspmike » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:40 am

TommyXP wrote: From what little I understand, Thailand is one of the preferred places to 'Be', at this point in Time,
Thailand has always been the place to be. ;) Although I also have a soft spot for Sumatra, but it is a little more rustic which is where it's charm is.

from a social/political/economic view point, we are awaiting the inevitable and the succession. Once that is over and sorted out it will be business as usual, albeit a bit more Chinese than usual.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:44 am

I spent 2 weeks, that I will never forget, in Bangkok many years ago and still kinda recall the 'greeting', something like "Say wah dee" I think.......
I'd also like to find myself in Sumatra, but only to traverse it to its south-eastern tip and jump over into the extreme NW corner of Java in order to attempt the impossible and try to live amoungst the Badui tribe (The Invisible People) and practice the Sumarah vows as noted in the book "The Palace and the Jungle".
note:
Sumarah is a brotherhood dedicated to total meditative surrender. It is
grounded in certainty that one Truth underlies all religions. It works toward
spiritual and material harmony; toward health of body and peace of heart. It
works to strengthen the brotherhood of man through compassionate
acceptance of daily responsibilities, response to social needs, and harmony
with life as it is. It needs neither force, haste, pretension, nor egoism; but
respects others and endeavours to raise consciousness of our common goal. It
is not fanatical, but grows from and relies on the Truth which benefits all.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.