Newbie from Southern California

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
thaidiver

Newbie from Southern California

Post by thaidiver » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:54 pm

Hi,

Proud owner of a 2010 sh150i, which I bought used about 2.5 years ago. I enjoy riding year round, haven't had many problems besides a dead battery. I do my own maintenance and find it difficult to acquire any online information about my bike. I have yet to plunk down the big bucks for the honda service manual and wish someone on the website would scan in their manual for all to peruse. Cheers, P

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Newbie from Southern California

Post by TommyXP » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:10 am

Welcome to the Forum and your pride is justified here and in Heaven.

My experience has been that the battery 'normally' seems to hold out for 2 years or so and doesn't reflect a fault of our beloved SH"s....

I encourage you to bite-the-bullet and get a Service Manual (check within Buy-Sell-Trade topic too).
There are BIG copyright© issues involved with The Factory Service Manual.
It is a large manual and even if one was to forego the above issue and if one was to be fair with anothers' time and effort to 'scan'; the cost would be ~5 times what could be had on eBay.......

The manual IMHO is an absolute necessity if one performs ANY of their own service work. Some procedures would be to taxing on the Forum members 'time' and ability to describe in order to be of any practical value via this method of 'help'. The manual is probably 50% highly detailed labeled photographs.....
Search, find and obtain the Factory Service Manual ASAP is recommended.....
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.