Forum Password Requirement - Are you kidding

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
JetPilot

Forum Password Requirement - Are you kidding

Post by JetPilot » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:47 am

I am a member of a lot of forums, and the password requirements for forums are usually very reasonable. This forum requires a Capital Letter and Numbers mixed in the password, that is just ridiculous.

This is a MINOR forum, not a BANK. Yet the password requirements here are worse than even major, must larger forums. Whoever runs this needs to rethink things and enable us to use more simple passwords. I hate to break it to them, the SHcooter forum is just not that important, and not going to be a major target for hackers...

I do not like to make my first post a complaint, but that was just my first experience here in the sign up process...

Mike

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Forum Password Requirement - Are you kidding

Post by TommyXP » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:50 am

Welcome to the Forum Mike and taking the Time to vent for all of us in such a friendly and polite manner.

The protocols to 'post' were initially established looooong ago, matter of fact, so long ago that NOBODY here even knows who it was or even whom to contact if the site goes down.
All site expenses are a true Gift from an anonymous donor/source, and thus, one can appreciate the lack of advertising and pop-ups as you freely browse.

Thanks for reminding us of the size of our member(s), but we already know that and efforts are/were taken to not only discourage hackers but unruly 'guests', as any Good host would do.
The Forums' quite specific title and subject (SH) will naturally appeal to only a limited number of souls, even on a World-wide basis.

And though site-traffic, over Time, continues to decrease as other models become more popular, We remain 'here', ever vigilante and amused, in the event that some lost soul with a SH problem might get some benefit from the experience of others and the information contained within.

No need to worry about "complaining" on your 1st post either.
Chances are that by your getting 'that' off-your-chest, We prevented you from kicking your dog or back-handing the ol' Lady!
Your Free to go about having yourself a Gr8 day now.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

waspmike

Post by waspmike » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:17 pm

I don't even know what my password is! I typed it in once and my browser remembers it for me.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:13 am

Same here.
Our friend Mike must have his 'security' set-up so that 'it' remembers nothing and it would be a huge hassle to have to go through on-line Life that way.
I think he was just having one-of-those-moments, like we all do, when we rebel against the annoyance of the realization that 'we' are becoming more and more enslaved to the demands of technology and its many devices.

Somewhere, I have a full-sized legal pad half-filled with user-names and passwords for all the various sites and programs that once encumbered my supposed Life. When a hard-drive would crash, it would take me a full 10 days before everything could be brought back to 'normal'.

Reminds me of a clip from "Network" when the newscaster has an 'On Air' meltdown.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGIY5Vyj4YM
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.