Hello from Houston TX

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
Heathbar1996

Hello from Houston TX

Post by Heathbar1996 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:49 pm

Howdy yall from Houston.
I bought my 2010 sh150 about a year and a half ago from a nice fellow who was a motorcycle enthusiast but then lost a leg and converted to a burgman. He bought the sh150i for his wife but she more preferred to be a passenger on the back of his burgman. So I bought it from him for a really good price. Only had 800 miles on it. I've only put about another 800 miles on it since.
In this state you are supposed to have the motorcycle license if the engine is 150cc or bigger. So I took the MSF class and then fell in love with motorcycles too. So I went out and bought a middleweight cruiser right away. I use the motorcycle for long country rides and the scooter for hopping around the city. Houston is perfect for scooters as parking in the city is a real b*tch. It's especially fun for making the rounds to watering holes and eateries on a Sunday Funday.

My Sh is stock and I'm hoping I can get ideas for unique luggage/storage options other than the expensive things that are out there now.

Heath

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Hello from Houston TX

Post by TommyXP » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:43 am

Welcome to the Forum Heath.
I find it hard to believe that people are still finding these low-milage 2010 SH's sitting around.
Your a lucky dude.

For reasonably priced saddle-bags I highly recommend these......They hold a fully loaded plastic grocery bag in each side.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Classic-Acces ... s/10802875

Been using a pair for 4 years now. They work great and the zippers and seams are still tight with no indications of failing any time shortly.
In conjunction with a Givi 46 quart top-case I haul massive stuffs.

Use the "Search" function in this Forum for more ideas.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.