Hi all ,brand new SH150i 2010 NEW Jersey Also need HELP PLEA

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
fireofficer001

Hi all ,brand new SH150i 2010 NEW Jersey Also need HELP PLEA

Post by fireofficer001 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:29 pm

FYI my battery needs to be charge, But i can't open the seat with no power to get to the battery. SO WERE DO I CHARGE IT OR HOW CAN I OPEN THE SEAT TO GET TO THE BATTERY UNDER THE SEAT WITH NO POWER, HELP I WANT TO RIDE. PAT

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Hi all ,brand new SH150i 2010 NEW Jersey Also need HELP

Post by TommyXP » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:07 am

No easy solution I can think of at the moment Pat.
On my 2 SH's I never reinstall the 2 screws under the seat that hold the battery access panel in place and the panel stays in place and always allows access and don't have to fiddle with those 2 hard-to-get-at screws.

Imagining what I would do.......
I would remove the front panel that allows access to the radiator. Just to the left of the radiator cap is a 2-P connector in the wire harness. The wires are RED and RED/Black. One end of the disconnected connector goes to the ignition and the other towards the battery.
Get a jumper wire with alligator clips and somehow apply +12v to the the RED wire going towards the battery and open the seat.
OR
Go to the fuse block on the right side and hook the alligator clip to a small screwdriver or probe and insert it into one of the fuse holders to temporarily provide +12v to the system. Be sure to have another set of alligator clips going to GROUND from the negative side of your +12v source in both instances.

I realize this explanation is as clear as mud..... and there are probably other ways that I haven't thought of yet.....but it is a start and I'll stand-by to answer any questions.

From my experience, once one of these AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) gets this dis-charged (IF it is one!) it must be replaced with a new one. They are reluctant to take a charge. I normally get two years on a battery under normal usage and just replace before trouble starts.....

GOOD LUCK and you can do it.......
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

fireofficer001

Post by fireofficer001 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:48 pm

Thank you for your help and I will take a stab at it tomorrow. Pat

lazyguy

Post by lazyguy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:30 am

looking at the wiring diagram I don't see any electrical seat lock switch or relay. Just because the release is on the ignition switch doesn't mean the seat is electrical operated. I didn't disconnect the battery but I believe the key just moves the cable with no electrical input. Could be the seat was closed with too much stuff in it and now the cable won't release it, try pushing down on the back of the seat while turning the key and see if that works.
Also I rigged up a manual seat release so I don't have to use the key after I locked my key in the seat one time.

lazyguy

Post by lazyguy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:48 am

Hey Pat you ever get the seat open, if so how?

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:49 am

I agree with you Lazyguy and thanks for chiming-in and illuminating this subject. I have been totally mistaken upon how the seat lock functions and now condemn the bad advice I ignorantly spewed.
Without giving it much thought and because the switch/unlock operates so smoothly to-the-'touch', it falsely induced the sensation within me, that it was obviously electric and considering the bike on a whole, this facet of its operation was at the bottom of the list and not upon my 'radar' at all.

After examining my well-worn wiring diagram again, I was surprised to not to be able to make an electrical connection with the seat-lock any-which-way....
The 'clincher' for me was discovered in "20-15" of the factory service manual concerning removing the ignition switch with the statement: "Loosen the seat lock cable nut and disconnect the seat lock cable...".

I take my hat off to the designer that engineered this mechanism, considering the distance and convoluted journey this cable MUST take and yet to operate so smoothly/seamlessly........

I apologize to "fireofficer001" for erroneously, unintendedly, increasing his frustration and wasting his time. Without regret I, too, am pleased to be reminded that: I am only human.......within this meager 4th dimensional Realm!
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.