A First, Pathetic, Post

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
CapeBretonSH

A First, Pathetic, Post

Post by CapeBretonSH » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:49 pm

Hello all. I will apologize, in advance, and once for all, for what will be the inevitably annoying ignorance behind some of my questions. I've loved riding an SH150 for 3 years, and it has done me the great service of working flawlessly with no attention except gas, oil, a new air filter and a new rear tire. It has been around the Cabot Trail twice, with (I infer) some satisfaction. Today everything changed. In error, I drained the battery yesterday afternoon. I recharged the battery overnight. This morning, the familiar sound of the engine coming to life was replaced by a worrying, rapid, clicking noise from the front of the scooter. Some research suggested that a similar problem in a Honda Civic had its origin in a loose ground wire connection from the thermostat. I knew that I was in desperate need of help when it became clear I had no idea where the thermostat was located. I have ordered - as I should have done long ago - a service manual. Are there suggestions about what I might do while I wait for it to arrive? The battery seems to be taking the charge, but the engine is not turning over. Thank you in advance. All advice gratefully received. Feel free to criticize my dumb ox stupidity - I spend a lot of time doing that myself.

TommyXP
Staff

Re: A First, Pathetic, Post

Post by TommyXP » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:25 am

Such a sad and forlorn post......A poet who longs to write about Love, has been apparently jilted by his own lover......
Slap! Slap!....Pick yourself up by your own bootstraps Romeo; Juliet merely took a break to go to the lil' girls room and you apparently mistook it for the End-of-the-World.

Few other things have been 'written-in-the-Stars' as the absolute necessity to replace the ABS battery within the SH every ~2-3 years. There comes a time when they just won't take a charge no matter how many $$$$ you spend on a 'special' ABS battery charger as I foolishly did. Even if you took a set of jumper-cables and hooked them up to the local nuclear power plant; a thoroughly used ABS battery ain't gonna take a charge IMHO.

I use an exact replacement battery that I get from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Yuasa-YUAM327BS- ... BS+Battery

AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) batteries are the only ones that are intended to be able to be placed upon their sides and still last a while....The other "lead/acid" batteries will work for a bit, but not very long.
There are a few other AGM's available locally from other MFG's in this 'case-style' that would also work. Just be certain it is AGM. I prefer Yuasa and always plan on replacing it ~every 2 years.

There are millions of non-SH riders that constantly have serious issues and would give their left-nut to have your apparent 'problem', which ultimately is merely, thankfully, a mental phantom........
Scrape yourself up off the 'killing-floor' and get your butt back on the forgiving road where you needs be and obviously belong!

IMHO you should have had the Factory Service Manual from the get-go just to bone-up on Her many G-spots any-hows........

P.S. Please quit critisizing yourself and leave yourself alone.....Stop the constant mental dialogue between your memory and imagination (meditate) that most people allow to consume their daily lives......just wastes valuable energy......Trust.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

luxroller

Post by luxroller » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:57 am

HI Capbreton,
Welcome :D
I dont now what you mean by "i drained the battery" ??
Anyway, i would say your battery is dead and you need a new one....three years is not that bad. If you mean you emptied (?) the battery completely (happened to all of us ;) and to some more than once :oops: ) i think its gone for sure :geek:

Good luck, Toni

luxroller

Post by luxroller » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:02 am

Ok, Tommy XP already gave the right answer ;) more or less the same i wrote just a bit different :lol: :mrgreen: ;)
Toni

CapeBretonSH

Post by CapeBretonSH » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:29 pm

Toni, Tommy XP,

Thank you both for your sound, and very prompt, replies. Advice followed, bootstraps taken in hand, battery ordered, equanimity restored. Particular thanks to Tommy XP, both for the battery advice, and for the insights into my psychopathology - which were a little worryingly accurate.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:52 am

Sorry if I caused you worry when in actuality everything you referred to has also been an experience of mine own. We have all been 'there' at one time or another and since we're all in this together; why not share some yuks?
And since we're 'sharing' common elements of daily Life and considering that your northern longitude is even greater than mine and if you have a moment, check out this short lecture which might be apt to our common psychopathology.

I was pursuing an 'idea' that maybe the reason for all the 'spraying' and chem-trails had more to do than their proclaimed purpose of reflecting the Suns heat in the name of "global warming". Many major universities, to my utter astonishment, offer PhD's in Geoenvironmental Engineering now, where you can attend free on-line lectures where they totally admit, demonstrate and teach about the chem-trails that I and many others have been labeled as 'conspiracy theorists' for the last few decades for pointing it out! (note:a thin veil/haze (or any clothing) blocks UV-B, not UV-A)

My present 'hypothesis' is that 'they' are blocking UV-B intentionally (Sunlight = 95% UV-A & 5% UV-B). Excess UV-A causes skin cancer and UV-B upon the skin creates vitamin D in the form of a hormone unlike any vit.D that one can ingest via food/supplement. Now-a-daze people are spending too much time indoors and when out; wearing too much clothing.
So get naked and get outside at solar 'noon' before the Sun further departs/declines for Winter and 'feel' your SH come to Life beneath you!

This is just a small part of the whole idea but very accurate and humorously presented............
http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_weller ... your_heart
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.