New member from Louisiana

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
Lilkjun1

New member from Louisiana

Post by Lilkjun1 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:00 pm

Hey guys, I joined to learn how to work on my uncle's scooter. Any help or suggestions are always welcomed.

TommyXP
Staff

Re: New member from Louisiana

Post by TommyXP » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:19 am

Welcome Lilkjun1 to the Forum.
IMO the greatest help; besides being able to take advantage of the shared experience of the many other kind SH owners who have taken the time to post their thoughts here; would be to get your hands on a copy of the "Factory Service Manual" by hook or by crook.

It seems to be one thing to have a slew of idea's floating around in one's head and quite another when you conjoin them to that 'other' Good Book which is physically by your side.
You will progress by leaps and bounds and save yourself a lot of needless anguish and wonder.
I would also suggest always using the right and proper tool and to pay attention to torque values, as it mostly aluminum and that is 'soft'. Also to use 'specified' fluids and to change the oil frequently as it is only 1 quart and greatly increases longevity.

There are few 'special' tools necessary for the majority of basic maintenance work, BUT their are work-arounds that members have discovered that cost practically nothing if anything at all.
Give yourself lots of room, a lot of good light and plenty of Time within a relaxed state of mind, as is espoused within the pages of the book "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance".

Both you and your uncle will benefit greatly by your 'practice'......Life: its all practice (?).....
Enjoy the Ride!
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.