Hi from London

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
Hakon

Hi from London

Post by Hakon » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:18 am

Hi, previously has a sh125i (drum brakes rear) which never missed a beat (apart from a new regulator and front caliper rebuilds) in 24k miles until it was run over by a someone attempting to parallel park, whilst I'd left in in a motorcycle bay. I'll try and find a picture.
I then bought an SH300 2009 which is a super upgrade but in two years and 10k has needed much, much more attention that I would have expected. I'll elaborate in the forums..

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Hi from London

Post by TommyXP » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:22 am

Welcome to the Forum Hakon. Sorry you lost your SH125 in such a manner. There are an increasing number of SH300 riders that have been stopping by here on occasion and we would all benefit by your sharing of personal experience.
My 2 Sh150's continue to perform flawlessly after many years and miles, and I hope you can overcome whatever issues you encounter.
Wish you Luck and better fortune.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

Hakon

Post by Hakon » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:01 am

It was purely cosmetic damage to the body parts and was written off by the insurance. I managed to scavenge parts form ebay and was eventually passed and put back on the road. By this time I'd gone 300. My ideal would be the 300 motor in the 125/150 frame :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:15 am

Yikes! What a gruesome photo....Looks like the 'cage' was trying to jump over a line of bikes and didn't quite make it.
For a long time now, I had the 'bug' for a 300 too, but have the feeling it's not quite ready to replace the 150/125 in terms of rider 'feel' and confidence; leaving me happy to relate to the phrase: ".....I am content, where'ere I'm sent, with mediocrity."
(Taken from Solon's response to Croesus (the wealthiest man to ever live on Earth):
"The wealth of Gold abounding Croesus
is of no concern to me.
Ambition offers no temptation,
from envy I am free.
The God's affairs I do not question,
no monarch would I be.
I am content, where'ere I'm sent,
with mediocrity.")
Don't know why that stuck in my brain........
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

SH125Paul

Post by SH125Paul » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:51 pm

Hi Hakkn...
Im also from London, in the South East..
Tommy site is a weath of knowledge for the older SH models...
Have yoy checked out maxi muppets? All sorts of scooter owners and a few SH300 riders.
Thats a sorry site for the scooters
Paul...