new scooter

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
kdcagle

new scooter

Post by kdcagle » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:16 am

Just picked up my scooter this weekend! Love it but for one thing we find it a little tall, has anyone lowered theirs? Any info on shorter shocks will be appreciated.

TommyXP
Staff

Re: new scooter

Post by TommyXP » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:20 am

Welcome to the Forum. The basic design parameters of the SH (step-through) do not allow much in the way of lowering. Hopefully, like the rest of us, you get accustomed to it or venture where man hasn't gone before.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

NADman

Post by NADman » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:52 am

I had a shop that mostly does motorcycle seats, refoam and reshape mine.
Most you can remove is about an inch. I also had them move the hump (that was too far forward for me) back about an inch and a half.
Will post pics soon.

hdsteal

Post by hdsteal » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:38 pm

NADman wrote:I had a shop that mostly does motorcycle seats, refoam and reshape mine.
Most you can remove is about an inch. I also had them move the hump (that was too far forward for me) back about an inch and a half.
Will post pics soon.
I'm comtemplating "lump surgery myself". Had some practice on a Kymco Agility 125 so I'm game
150i

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:16 am

There are a number of old topics available if you get creative and toy with the 'Search' function that might be of some help to get you started and stiffen your resolve.
Such as:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1853
And/or:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=455
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.