Hello from Chichester

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
Jimgooding

Hello from Chichester

Post by Jimgooding » Mon May 22, 2017 12:48 pm

Hi in on my second SH125, just had my 4000 mile service and tomorrow it will saving me a fortune at Gatwick where parking is free. Best bit is trying to pack all my riding gear onto bike so I can be just another sun seeker tomorrow, no helmets, jackets or even boots. I'm expecting great weather in northern Spain .

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Hello from Chichester

Post by TommyXP » Tue May 23, 2017 6:13 am

Welcome to the Forum Jimgooding.
I hope you consider sharing your holiday in Spain and how you manage to store so much gear upon a parked SH, with those of us merely trapped in the tedium of another day with no exciting prospects in sight.
Thanks for stopping by and bringing Chichester to my attention. What an interesting place/history.
Over here across the pond where most places 'history' seldom reaches back at most a couple hundred years, if that, 'they' seem to exhibit a shabby, 'modern' indifference to ANY type of cultural background, other than the constant fleecing of the flocks, which I guess, can be considered the American-way; but is a huge 'turn-off' for those few not amoungst the sway of the unwittingly programmed common horde, whom I hope enjoy themselves none-the-less.
I hope you managed a pleasant journey.....
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

Jimgooding

Airport gear thing

Post by Jimgooding » Mon May 29, 2017 12:53 am

This will be the third time this year I have used the bike at London Airports, twice at London Gatwick & Heathrow. On Utube a chap has videoed where to park at Terminal 4 & I happily used this on a recent trip to Delhi,; Gatwick is a lot quieter but you need to know where you are going & the airport give good directions on where & where not to park.
I have almost got my packing down to a fine art. I have a Karrimor 40 litre suitcase come Rucksack. I can just about pack a weeks clothing for long haul but weight doesn't matter and its easy for small trips to Spain- The only hassle is it weighs 2 kilos and you are only allowed 10 for cabin bags.
On the bike I can fit a Parka & my work boots in the top box & my crash hat gloves etc. go under the seat. I take my bike cover with me and a disc lock so its all left looking tidy & secure
The trip to Spain was great, I flew to Asturias Airport then took the €8 bus to Oviedo. Half hour walk to my Air BNB room -excellent @ £13.50/night and then off to enjoy the local bars. I took a Bus to Gijon (pronounced HeeHon) the next day, I found a Beach, a cup of hot Chocolate & a massive Omelette sandwich ; I preferred Oviedo.
More drinking , more eating, a restless Landlady that was doing her washing at 2am
More sleep
walk to the bus, Fly home & have a brilliant ride home in hot sun!
A good break

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Hello from Chichester

Post by TommyXP » Mon May 29, 2017 7:22 am

Thanks for taking the Time to share a portion of your adventure with us sometimes world-weary seat-warmers and imaginative 'tourists' and bringing-to-light a portion of Spain that intrigued me for the morning.
Your straight-forward commentary and 'tips' are a comforting incentive to other potential occasional vagabonds.
Thanks again for sharing and 'shining-a-light'.......
May all your journeys end in an exhilarating ride 'home'!
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.