Hello from Poland

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
pzast

Hello from Poland

Post by pzast » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:02 am

Hello everybody. I've bought my sh150 last year, but I found this forum some time ego . I hope I will find details about my scooter here :)

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Hello from Poland

Post by TommyXP » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:28 am

Welcome to the Forum Pzast; my fellow Countryman/Nationality, whose flag I also fly high above my home here.
The red/white Eagle presently hangs perfectly still as the Sun slowly breaks the Dawn upon this 3rd generation Polish/American Christian; as the adopted country awakes to celebrate its date of Independence with a roar.

I also look forward to you sharing your experiences with the SH and how it 'fits-into' your Life and adds Delight to your circumstances and daily routine, as it does for so very many.....

Nazdrowie!
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

pzast

Post by pzast » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:41 am

Freedom, Liberty, Unity. Enjoy your Day of Freedom!

Of course I will share my experiences with my SH
I use it mainly as quick transport to my workplace especially during summer season.
The only thing a've change in my scooter is the Givi windshield I mounted last time ont that.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:59 am

I always had the large factory mounted windshield from the beginning. IMHO it is the first essential thing to do so as to improve the experience....I have 2 2010SH's....One set-up for Winter with the addition of "knuckle-visors", heated grips and a thermo-scud....Also, I have a large 44 liter Givi top-box that simply snaps into place as I rotate bikes.....I use the top-box daily and it would have my vote for being the second most important thing after the windshield.....

pzast

Post by pzast » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:40 am

Happily The top box I inherited from previous owner of my scooter.
I think the box is even more important than winshield as the underseat boks is really little in SH. There is quite anough space to put your gloves in that but no helmet. :lol:

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:00 am

That is why they provide those two little 'pillars' at the front of the open seat, to slip the helmet D-ring over and lock it beneath the seat....
I carry beneath the seat, a one-piece full length raincoat, night-riding glass's (Blue-tint), tire repair kit and a flask (for emergencies!).
Plus, I always wear heavy denim 'cargo-pants' crammed with all the handy utilities of daily Life-on-the-road, and am never at a loss for space.
I also have a set of canvas saddle bags that momentarily get slung over the seat for occasional grocery-runs...
Life is Good.....

pzast

Post by pzast » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:05 am

Yes Live is good - agree :)
You really keep much more in under seet bag than you could find in mine :) I really keep there only gloves when I don't wear them and little cloth to clean the watter out from the seat.
I'm wonder how long distances jurneys do you ride your scooter?
I ride it only short distances to my workplace and back. Sometimes I ride "round the chimney" like we say here but not longer distances than 50km (30 miles).
Last edited by pzast on Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:17 am

I ride "round the chimney" too. Normally, I seldom need to go further than 10 or 20 miles in order to get things done. I like riding on seldom used roads in the country, going very slow and allowing the world to pass-by.
I rode ~120 miles a couple times but don't enjoy it as much as shorter trips.
I can usually 'dream-up' a reason to go for a ride every day and I hope you can too......