gidday mates

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
candijam

gidday mates

Post by candijam » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:06 pm

Greetings from OZ, (australia!) and thanks for having me. I am looking to buy a second hand SH150 soon, I've taken 2 for a spin, a 2010 and a 2008.
The 2010 is like yours over there, and I like it, but it's quite knocked around, and has no service history available, I don't even know how many owners it's had! we are KMs here and it's done 16500, so not much really, just a sydney city bike. I'm selling my 2005 200GT Vespa which is in perfect condition, but I'm finding it heavy now, I'm 5'4" and over 50yrs. I really want the SH because it's so much easier to handle.
It's a bit frustrating, there's just not many about, and the good ones are very overpriced, the affordable ones are knocked around.
I need a side stand, and researching that has lead me here. Thank goodness I found you all. when i find my bike I'll let you know.
Until then....thanks for all the info that's already here.
:D

TommyXP
Staff

Re: gidday mates

Post by TommyXP » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:31 am

Welcome to the Forum Mate-down-under. I Hope you are keeping a good-eye on the Southern Cross for us....
Thanks for showing-up and reminding me...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3kImL2gDkI

I Hope and encourage you to latch unto one of these babies if and when you can regardless of the service history (in a 'tight' market); as with a little effort you can bring her back up to par and spend a pleasant Life together.

Over 6 years ago, I, like you, stumbled upon this place while searching for a ride that would/could meet my extremely aged, crippled-though-not-down demands...I had no idea the SH even existed but felt that there must be something 'out-there' that could fulfill my wishful need; and sure enough, The SH150 met and far exceeded my expectations (I have 2!) and I praise the day I hooked my pony to this wagon, and I wish you the same Fortune.

I've installed side-stands on both and one sits ever-ready outside the door right now; awaiting me to dream-up the slightest excuse to take me for a ride, to shed some of the barnacles that this World 'not-of-our-making' ever tries to stifle and smother our God-given Soul with, and also allows me to cancel the thought of doctor appointments and render all prescriptions inadequate and useless.....

I encourage you to 'go-for-it' (preferably the 2010) and wish you the Best of Luck and Hope you stay in touch.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

candijam

Post by candijam » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:31 am

thank you TommyXP
that was a wonderful message, and song too : ) so great to be here and welcomed.

Hopefully I'll actually get a bike soon, they're really scarce. It's my goal, the SH is my ideal bike.
I sold my vespa tonight : (
I've got cash for the right SH : ) hopefully it's heading my way, so different here, there's practically none. We just got the new model, so prices are really rising on the old ones.....

thanks again for the lovely welcome.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:10 am

I Hope you are about to prove the Truth of the old adages:
"Seek and you shall find".....and....."Ask and it shall be given to you".
We're all pulling/praying for you too as we don't oft get opportunities to share our happiness so easily!
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

ScottWally

Post by ScottWally » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:17 pm

Welcome!

I've bought, ridden and sold the bigger modern Vespa's too (GT200, Supers, etc,) and keep going back to my SH. They are a near perfect urban moto. Get the best in shape one you can afford, or buy a beater to ride and then sell to get a nicer one in the future. Too bad you aren't in the States because bargains keep popping up where somebody bought, rode it a couple of thousand miles and then parked it. Both my previous SH's had very limited use, and I'm looking at another with only 2k miles on it. I'd buy it today if it wasn't 1000miles away in Los Angeles...but I'm considering the road trip to get it :D

Happy hunting for your new ride and happy trails with the rubber side down, eh?