New to the SH

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
rdeano

New to the SH

Post by rdeano » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:20 pm

Just picked up a 2010 SH150i last week. It has 18,600 miles on it, more than the 86 Helix I just sold by about 800 miles. I do like the new bike though. I have been ridding bikes since a 57 Triump in 1962. Gone as large a a Goldwing, but for the ridding I do now, I am happier with the 150. So far it seems to be in good shape except for needing new tires. I live in Wisconsin and I like to ride when ever the weather is reasonable (above 40 degrees F). Don't like ice on the road when I am ridding. The one thing I do miss on the SH is a windshield. I looked around for the optional windshield that Honda had available in 2010, but with no luck. If I ever come across an original optional windshield, I am likely to pick it up if it is somewhat reasonable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TommyXP
Staff

Re: New to the SH

Post by TommyXP » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:32 am

Welcome to the Forum Rdeano.
I salute the 2 years you have on me riding-wise and though I had a Honda my buds had a Triumph and a Norton that they seemed to always be working on.
I hope you find a factory windshield and will keep my eye-out for you. It is essential IMO and maybe even an aftermarket (Givi) would be of service. It surely extends the comfortable 'season' and we don't need the wind beating-up on us all Time either.
The SH is relatively easy to work on and maintain and I am highly appreciative that something like this is available at this point in Life, which makes daily usage a joy and a pleasure.
I hope a windshield and some decent rubber comes your way.....
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

rdeano

Post by rdeano » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:31 am

Getting new tires put on now. Getting shafted by the dealer though. Because I brought in my own tires, they are adding on $40 a tire to their normal charge for mounting and balancing. Only going with them because of a timing issue and weight limits my doctor has put on me due to heart issues.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:50 am

Gotta do what ya gotta do......Small price to pay eventually.
Worth it.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

NADman

Post by NADman » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:46 pm

Welcome,
I like the GIVI windshield that I ordered and installed a few yrs. ago.
I did cut the height down by 3-4 in. I can see about 25-30 ft. of the road above the WS when
in a riding position. It also protects your hands.
You'll find pic's in my posts and others if you search.

rdeano

Post by rdeano » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:50 pm

For right now I have gone with a Slipstreamer 40. I used a Slipstreamer 30 on an 86 Honda Elite 150 Deluxe that I had several years ago and it worked fairly well. I have the Slipstreamer 40 on now, but it will probably take a little tweaking to get just as I want it.

rdeano

Post by rdeano » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:26 pm

Guess I forgot to note that the trunk is off my old Helix. The SH had 18,600 miles on it when I picked it up. My 86 Helix only had 17,800 when I sold it. The guy I bought it from was in his 80s and after dropping the bike in his garage and not being able to pick it up he decided to sell. He said that the belt was replaced at 17,000 miles. When I asked him what it would take for me to drive it home, he said '$850'. Needless to say I agreed.