PeS125i Owner fo 7 years

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
BeerPed

PeS125i Owner fo 7 years

Post by BeerPed » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:32 am

Hello All.

Bought my PeS 125i in 2010 for 3 mile commute to work. I love it. Fun to ride, handles well and sips fuel. I passed my bike test in 1975 and have had many, many Hondas over the years. I live in the UK. I do all my own maintenance

Having retired two years ago the 'ped is now mainly used for shopping and doing the beer run ! I also have an ancient Ducati Monster for the longer runs. So that's enough about me. Why did I join this forum?

I now have engine management troubles after accidentally starting it with the lamda sensor disconnected post tyre-change (the 'zorst has to come off to get the back wheel out). Re-connected it but still get intermittently flashing FI light. When the light flashes it has no effect on performance. I have registered because there seems to be some useful info on the pages of this forum.
No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it. (Albert Einstein)

TommyXP
Staff

Re: PeS125i Owner fo 7 years

Post by TommyXP » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:38 am

Welcome to the Forum BeerPed.
I hope someone can chime-in concerning your particular problem, as I am not familiar.
I wonder though, have you tried disconnecting and re-connecting the battery? Just guessing.....
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

BeerPed

Re: PeS125i Owner fo 7 years

Post by BeerPed » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:00 am

Tried that. Got the tee-shirt. FI light stopped flashing after but came back a few days later.

'Ped goes well so not too worried but idle curiosity drives me to solve this odd phenomenom. The error codes seem a bit random too. Will probably never solve it. Went into my garage immediately after posting to see what it was doing today and --- ... ??? no flashes from the FI light !!! After running for a minute or two, simply switching off and then re-starting always stops it for the rest of the day. Mysterious or what.

Will try the paper clip link thingy to see if I can make sense of any stored codes. If I get any joy I'll post it.

Realise this forum is for SH riders but the PS is a very similar machine.

Thanks.
No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it. (Albert Einstein)