SH150 2014

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
dleb

SH150 2014

Post by dleb » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Hello everyone! Refueling today for the second time and i salut the greatness of this nimble little thing! For quite some months i scouted the swedish eq. to craigs list for what i thought would be the optimal comuter - the ANF 125 Innova. Thank God i came to my scences and eventually went for the more mature SH150. I drove a Yamaha XJ650 some 20 years ago but haven't been close to have another bike since then. And now all of a suthen i couldn't stop thinking about driving a scooter to work (did anyone say middle life crisis?) So 2 weeks ago i got a second hand black 2014 with very low millage (1750km) and it appears to be completely new. I've put hand wind deflectors and a Puig semi high windshield on to it and i drive it to work every day (25km, mainly countryside roads). I'm sure i will enjoy your company in this fora. Regards, Dan from Sweden

TommyXP
Staff

Re: SH150 2014

Post by TommyXP » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:26 am

Welcome to the Forum Dan. I continue to thank my lucky stars today for when I had a similar experience to yours some 5-6 years ago when I allowed the SH into my life.
I am certain that if it had been anything else, I'd be viewing the passing world from within a ton of tortured sheet-metal and plastic by now.....No regrets.
On a daily basis I continue to experience the blessed exhilaration your experiencing now and believe you have made a wise and fortunate choice.
It heartens me to know that this is what you and we have to look forward to on a continuing basis: a particular form and stage of heavenly bliss induced by this marvel of inspired human engineering!
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

dleb

Post by dleb » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:21 am

I thought that this would be an entry level scooter to let me see if this whole concept was for me and then level up if it turned out to be. Now i can't see what would be better then this. I realize that i sound like a salesman but im sure you have allready figured this out :D

luxroller

Post by luxroller » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:18 pm

Hej Dleb, welcome to the SH family :D
What midlife crisis ? you finally made it to a 150cc mopped and surprise surprise its big fun :mrgreen: I am going to work with the sh and a benelli since over ten years and my worst nightmare is snow. On all the other days i only want to ride on two wheels and i feel like i am king of the road too 8-)
Ok, in Sweden the season is shorter than in Luxemburd but with a decent knee blanket, good gear and gloves you will ride the little beast most time of the year 8-)
Have fun cheers,
Toni

NADman

Post by NADman » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:35 am

Speaking of snow--
I'm very seriously looking into one of these for the winter.
Street and sidewalk legal with no D/L or insurance needed.

http://www.daymak.com/boomerbeast/features.html

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:24 am

Great Idea.......though the future might look bleak if you have to compete with this crowd.
Imagine the sidewalks and stores jammed with these fellow creatures and you can't out-run them anymore:
http://bannedinhollywood.com/fat-people ... a-gallery/
You'll gladly return to pushing your SH through 2 feet of snow!
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

dleb

Post by dleb » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:06 am

Yes, that is another thing exceding my expectations - my plan was to go by car in case of rain but i've found myself enjoying the ride just as much regardless of bad weather. As you suggest, good clothes and the fantastic knee blanket do the work. I think that only icey roads will stop me and even if Sweden is a bit north im close to the sea on the west coast so scandinavian snowy winters are rare or at least short in my end of the country :) We do have short time of daylight from october to march and that has made me think of a set of small additional led headlights. I would like to have them mounted without it looking too "homemade" so if anyone have any ideas please feel welcome to share ideas :)

SH125Paul

Post by SH125Paul » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:02 am

Hi...
For the City Commute - the 'lil SH is the tool for the job...
shame we have to make do with the 125 and don't get the 150!
Had various bikes n Scoots - Currently also have the XMax400 (400 Majesty Engine...)
Got fed up with the 400's fat arse in traffic - love the scalpel SH...
Often find little errands that (don't really) need doing - just to go for a bimble on the SH...
Enjoy!

luxroller

Post by luxroller » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:55 am

shame we have to do with the 125 and don't get the 150
Mmmm.... i dont think there is a big difference between the two, i wouldnt worry about that....
Funny that you prefer the SH to the 400 8-)
@ Dan: i ride the whole year round exept when snowing or ice on the road (few weeks a year max in Luxemburg) and good grippy tires are important especially in winter but i am sure you knew that by yourself ;) I for example ride the metzeler feelfree and they are good when hot or cold or wet and there are other good tires but also bad ones...
Toni

NADman

Post by NADman » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:12 pm

"I take the mindset that while I'm on the bike, I'm training. Safety is a perishable habit."

No, I didn't compose that. Just thought it made sense.