Hello to all 2010 Honda SH150i owners and riders

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
ComicDom1

Hello to all 2010 Honda SH150i owners and riders

Post by ComicDom1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:51 am

Hello, My name is Jason and I am a new owner/rider of a 2010 Honda SH150i with 5095 miles on it.

Are there any pointers or special tips that I should know about owning this Honda Scooter?

Also mine did not come with an Owners manual so is there a place where I can view one or download it on line? I would like to know how to get the seat up! I do not know if the seat is a locking seat and I seem to have a key that does not fit anything but I cannot seem to find any key locks on the seat or around it.

One more question I have is about the add on cargo trunk. Does anyone know if that is a locking trunk?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Hello to all 2010 Honda SH150i owners and riders

Post by TommyXP » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:44 am

Welcome to the Forum ComicDom1.
It is nice that you found a 2010 SH that is barely 'broken-in' and you have many miles of trouble-free riding to look forward to.
A little at-a-time we'll get all your questions answered here.
First off: check your PM (private message) and I'll hook you up with the owners manual and other technical goodies.
The seat opens by slightly moving the ignition key to the left (CCW) from the OFF position.
All trunks are locking usually. What do you have?
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

SH125Paul

Post by SH125Paul » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:25 am

How do...
Depending on how you came by the scooter (private sale or dealer purchase...) and you depth of Mechanical Knowledge... An Oil Change is always a good place to start the bonding experience...
A loving gift to your new pleasure... Cheap n easy too!
Enjoy ya new ride...

ComicDom1

Post by ComicDom1 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:48 am

Thanks for the friendly welcome. I am sure I will stay busy learning about the (new to me) Honda Shi150 and building and converting the electric pedal assist Recumbent Bicycle I am working on.

I think you will find I have reasonable mechanical skills, yet I am not to proud or arrogant to ask questions and admit when I need help and do not know something. I look forward to getting to know others in this forum.

Jason

ComicDom1

Post by ComicDom1 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:31 am

TommyXP wrote:Welcome to the Forum ComicDom1.
It is nice that you found a 2010 SH that is barely 'broken-in' and you have many miles of trouble-free riding to look forward to.
A little at-a-time we'll get all your questions answered here.
First off: check your PM (private message) and I'll hook you up with the owners manual and other technical goodies.
The seat opens by slightly moving the ignition key to the left (CCW) from the OFF position.
All trunks are locking usually. What do you have?
Thanks for the emails! Soon after I called the previous owner asking him also how to get the seat up because what was in the manual you sent and what was suggested in the forum just was not working. The previous owner had given me several sets of keys for the Scooter so it was suggested that I try some of the different keys. While I do not think it made any difference, I finally was able to get the Seat to pop and unlock.

Guess what? Underneath it were the original manuals and tool kit for the Scooter. So now I have both or original owners manuals and the service manual he gave me with the Scooter.

When I pushed the seat back down into lock position I encountered the same issue again. The seat just did not want to unlock. So I have an intermittent seat lock problem I will probably have to go to Honda to get looked at. I certainly do not want to be out and about where I cannot get the seat up to put fuel in.

Jason

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:48 am

Please, try to avoid the Stealerships so you have more alms to give.......
Save going to them for help with problems that are beyound your present abilities; and this ain't one of them.
Many years ago, when I first bought a new SH, I asked the Ninny at the Stealership how to open the seat. The guy really didn't know how but knew it had to do with the key being turned to the left. He started twisting and jamming the key to the left so hard (to no avail), that I had to stop him in fears of damaging the switch.
Sooooo, there is a touch/feel to doing it properly and I bet you can do it (again) too! I couldn't get it to activate either, at first, because of how I was turning it.......
The key position actually pulls a cable that activates the mechanism. File your fingernails like a safe-cracker does, crack your knuckles, wiggle your fingers, and give it another try.
It soon becomes 'second-nature' and you never think about it again......
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

SH125Paul

Post by SH125Paul » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:21 pm

On my other scoot, (xmax 400) if i have the crash helmet under the seat, the seat is closed tight...
Try pressing down on the seat a little at the back, to take the pressure of the latch, while turning the key... ;)
Mechanism may be like new...

NADman

Post by NADman » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:32 pm

All good advice. You can also (when the seat is up) flip the lock closed with a screwdriver-punch ?? etc. and unlock it with the key a few times to lube?? it and make sure it's free and working.