New to me

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
NADman

New to me

Post by NADman » Wed May 09, 2018 12:24 pm

It's still a 150.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TommyXP
Staff

Re: New to me

Post by TommyXP » Wed May 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Yay! Back in the saddle again.....
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

NADman

Post by NADman » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:07 pm

I'm still not riding due to Dr.'s orders BUT have accomplished a few things while recuperating. Got this brkt. from Honda and installed 'Mikey's top box. (pics to come)
Installed a windshield by Northern Cycle. They have 3 height options and I got the tallest one. (pics to come)
Spent Sat. afternoon at Bike seat shop taking a few pics of Guy, that's his name and this all he does, working on my seat.
The problem with the PCX seat is very similar to the Sh seat, only they bolted a 'dam' on the seat that was far to forward for many NA riders.Yes you can easily unbolt it from underneath but that leaves a very hard pc of plastic that comes up to the very top of the upholstery. Hurts your ass.
The major problem was always sliding forward so here is what he(we) did. Oh, he uses a level to do this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NADman

Post by NADman » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:21 pm

Continued

Contact cement-electric carving knife-hand saw-LOTS of belt grinding.
The 'nose' of the seat is about 1 1/2in higher now but the Butt part is about
4 in back and 2+in lower. Feels great so far. Should be done tomorrow.
Hope these pics make sense.

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:55 pm

He really seems to know what he's doing. The Burgman 400 is the same way. Has a back rest that adjusts out but even at the farthest back position is too close. I thinks these seats are designed for an Asian market where drivers are relatively shorter. How much does he charge for a customized seat?

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:26 am

Quite the project but it will surely be worth it in/on the long run.....
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

NADman

Post by NADman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:12 pm

New additions to my bike (I still shouldn't ride for weeks)
I picked it up and stopped at a car wash on the way home. A total of less than a mile. Bumps hurt!!

The seat. I'm very happy with it so far. (Almost 31in from center of steering post to bump.) I wish I measured this before I started but I think I gained 3-4in??

The top box mount. (What can I say, Mikey)

The windshield. By National Cycle. Great price and fit. Could be 2in taller.

Clock. Pawn shop and 2 sided tape. (The Sh spoiled me)

How much, you ask--Priceless.

I think almost anyone with a good 'eye' and a belt sander (don't even try an angle grinder-I know) could do the bulk of this at home. The green foam is carpet underlay.
Park the Burgman for a few days (slum on the Sh150i) and give it a shot. Once you pull the cover off you just start sculpting. Can't really hurt anything. Cut-Glue-Sand-repeat.