Hi from Rogers, Arkansas, US

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
DrJohn

Hi from Rogers, Arkansas, US

Post by DrJohn » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:47 pm

Love my SH150. Joined this forum to attempt to find information on why it won't start despite a new battery.

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Hi from Rogers, Arkansas, US

Post by TommyXP » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:56 pm

Welcome to the Forum Dr.John.
It would help to know what the indications are such as; does it turnover, or completely dead, or something else....
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

DrJohn

Post by DrJohn » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:07 pm

TommyXP wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:56 pm
Welcome to the Forum Dr.John.
It would help to know what the indications are such as; does it turnover, or completely dead, or something else....
Thanks for a rapid response. When I turn the switch the lights come on and the motor light on the panel lights briefly while I hear a hum from below the seat (fuel pump?). Kill switch is on. I hear one click and then nothing. Curiously, and probably not related, but the left turn signal doesn't work and I don't recall that happening previously. I installed a new battery because my charger indicated the old one needed replacement, but nothing changed other than the headlight is brighter.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:12 pm

Were these the same indications prior to installing the new battery?
Also wonder if you have the Factory Service Manual? It includes some nice schematics and some 'tips' too...
If not, PM me your e-mail address and you will be able to download a nice .pdf file of the entire book.

DrJohn

Post by DrJohn » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:21 pm

TommyXP wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:12 pm
Were these the same indications prior to installing the new battery?
Also wonder if you have the Factory Service Manual? It includes some nice schematics and some 'tips' too...
If not, PM me your e-mail address and you will be able to download a nice .pdf file of the entire book.
Sorry I wasn't able to get back to you sooner. I really appreciate your help. Yes, the same symptoms were present before I replaced the battery. I would very much like to have a Factory Service Manual and will PM my address. Much thanks!!!

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:18 am

Here's hoping you got the Manual.
If you go to the wiring schematic at the back of The Factory Service Manual, in the upper left corner you will see the starter RELAY and this would be a good place to start. Verify your connection to the starter motor and check your 'grounds' especially at the battery, frame, and anywhere else. Poke-around and keep your eyes in a state-of-wonder. More times than not, it is something simple but our minds have a tendency to leap forward out of fear and begin assuming catastrophic failures. Though it might or could be the starter, be certain my eliminating every other possibility first.
Angels actually envy us Beings, so don't be afraid to go where Angels-fear-to-tread!